About YSR Bima Scheme
Every year many people in our country died or became disabled due to accidents. if the accident victim is the main breadwinner of his family, then his family has to face huge financial problems after his death, and their entire way of life changed completely. They can’t fulfill their basic necessities of life starting from their children’s education to the general needs of their house, So they fall behind in this society. Therefore, considering the families of these accidental dead/disabled persons, the Andhra Pradesh government has launched a new project called YSR Bima. The scheme will provide financial assistance to those families so that the family can meet all their household expenses and fulfill their necessities.
Objective Of This Scheme
- To provide financial assistance to the family of the deceased/disabled person due to an accident, so that they do not face financial difficulties.
- Providing insurance cover to the families of poor and unorganized workers in the state
- To make arrangements for a better life Of accidental victim’s families
Full Overview Of YSR Bima Scheme
|Name of Scheme||AP YSR Bima Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister OF AP, YSR Jaggan Mohan Reddy|
|State Name||Andhra Pradesh|
|Objectives||To provide insurance cover|
|Incentive||Rs 1,00,000 For Natural Death;|
Rs 5,00,000 For Accidental Death
|Beneficiary||BPL Families of the State|
- The members should be aged between 18 completed years and 70 years.
- He / She should be from Below the Poverty line.
- He / She should be Primary Bread earning member
- The decision as to the eligibility of the member for the enrolment into the scheme is fully vested with the Nodal Agency.
- Rs 1.00 lakh relief amount to beneficiaries nominees for natural deaths aged 18-50 years under the YSR insurance scheme will be provided directly by the government through GV/WV and VS/WS departments
- 5.00 lakh relief will be provided to the beneficiaries for accidental death / permanent disability between the ages of 18 to 60 years through the insurance company. Beneficiaries will be covered by insurance by selected insurance companies. The total premium for this project will be paid by the government
- The Chief Minister disbursed Rs 750 crore to provide insurance premiums for 1.32 crore families for the year 2021-22
Applicants Have to Provide all the mentioned documents
- Residential Certificate
- Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
Applicants must ensure that all the documents and details provided are valid and up-to-date to avoid any rejection or delay in the application process
Nominee Of YSR Bima Scheme
The YSR Bima Scheme allows the beneficiary to nominate the following family members as nominees to receive the benefits in case of the beneficiary’s unfortunate demise:
- Wife of the beneficiary
- 21-year-old son
- Unmarried daughter
- Widowed daughter
- Dependent parents
- Widowed daughter in law or her children
How to Apply
To apply for the YSR Bima Scheme, follow the below steps:
- Door-Door Survey: The state government will undertake a door-to-door survey to identify the beneficiary belonging to BPL families in the state. The Grama/Ward Volunteers will register the beneficiaries during the survey.
- Enroll Beneficiaries By Secretariats: The identified beneficiaries will be enrolled under the YSR Bima Scheme by the Grama/Ward Volunteers.
- Visit Village/Ward Secretariats: The beneficiaries can visit the Village/Ward Secretariats, which are declared as YSR Insurance Beneficiary Facilitation Centers, to apply for the scheme.
- Provide Required Documents: The beneficiaries must provide all the required documents, including Residential Certificate, Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Income Certificate, Passport size photograph, Bank account details, and Mobile number, to apply for the scheme.
- Processing of Application: The GSWS Division will process the application and verify the details of the beneficiary.
- Receive Confirmation: Once the application is approved, the beneficiary will receive confirmation through SMS or any other means of communication.
- Receive Benefits: In case of unfortunate circumstances like natural death or accidental death/permanent disability of the beneficiary, the nominee will receive the benefits directly into the beneficiary’s bank account.
It is essential to keep all the documents and details up-to-date to avoid any rejection or delay in the application process.
Check Your YSR Bima Application Status
Follow the steps below to know the application status of your YSR insurance
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the YSR Bima Scheme whose link we have provided below for your convenience.
- After clicking on the link you will enter a page like the image shown below
- Here you can check your YSR insurance status in three ways: through your Aadhaar card, Rice card number, and your name, select the option of your choice and enter the required data then you will see your YSR insurance status