About Nirmal Bangla Scheme
The people of rural Bengal in West Bengal have found a new light of hope in the development of society and the environment. The West Bengal government has implemented this Nirmal Bangla program through the gram panchayats in every village. Through this project, toilets have been delivered to the homes of common people. The Mission Nirmal Bangla project has been a great success, receiving special honors and accolades at the national and international levels.
Nirmal Bangla is a mission to eliminate open defecation from the rural landscape of the state. It is the state counterpart of the national Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan. The mission aims at constructing latrines in households, especially in the uncovered households in the rural areas to ensure zero defecation in the open. This scheme will ensure a sufficient number of functional toilets in educational institutions, regular intervals on the road, public places, etc. The scheme also aims at spreading awareness and increasing sensitization toward safe hygiene behaviour and safe disposal methods
Objective Of the Scheme
- To keep the society transparent and healthy
- Protecting society from various deadly diseases like typhoid, malaria, dengue and other deadly diseases
Full Overview Of Nirmal Bangla Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Nirmal Bangla Scheme|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banarjee|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Objectives||To Provide Toilet bathroom in every Toiletless Family|
|Incentive||Rs 10000/- to Make Toilet Bathroom|
|Beneficiary||Poor People of this State|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
The Nirmal Bangla Scheme is targeted towards households in rural areas. To be eligible for the scheme, households must meet the following criteria:
- The household must be located in a rural area.
- The household must not have a functional toilet.
- The household must be willing to construct a toilet.
- Through Mission Nirmal Bangla, toilets will be constructed in every village of the state and it will be possible to maintain a transparent society.
- The surroundings of the village will remain clean and tidy. Every house in this prakalpa village will have a toilet and every member of the family will be able to use that toilet.
- Toilets will be provided in all Anganwari centers.
- There will be toilets for pedestrians and homeless, landless people in public places.
- The village will have drinking water system for the benefit of all people.
- Under this prakalpa, toilets as well as liquid and solid waste disposal will be provided.
- Separate toilets will be provided for boys and girls in each school of the village.
- The use of toilets can protect against waterborne and fecal diseases.
- The state government will provide an incentive allowance of Rs 10,000 for the construction of each family toilet under the scheme.
- If a person wants to build a toilet in Mission Nirmal Bangla project, he has to pay 900 rupees first.
How to apply
Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee launched this project in 2013 under which it has been possible to successfully build toilets in every house in every village.
However, if a poor family does not get the benefit of this scheme by chance, they can go to the nearest area and submit an application in this regard and the toilet will be sanctioned in a few days.