About Vahan Akasmat Sahay
The Gujarat State Government launched this scheme to help the people of Gujarat state to help road accident victims, Generally, people don’t go to a good hospital because they believe it’s too expensive and get admitted to a local hospital, which doesn’t have the necessary materials to treat a very serious accident (e.g. operation room, good doctors, and others), so it is often seen that most of these people die due to lack of proper treatment. With the help of this scheme, the intention of people will change, they will now be able to take advanced treatment in private hospitals or government hospitals. So that the number of people dying in road accidents in the state will be greatly reduced.
The objective of this scheme
- This scheme will help to change the perception of road accident victims
- The main objective of this scheme is to help the accident victims
- Besides covering the people of Gujarat, the scheme would cover people belonging to other states and also citizens from other countries
- patients will be treated in Gujarat regardless of their income, it is beneficial for those who do not have cash at the spot
- If the patient is admitted to a private hospital, then that private hospital must have to submit the medical bills of the patient to the Chief District Medical Officer or the Medical Superintendent of the concerned District
- The scheme is valid for both government hospitals as well as private hospitals,
- If the hospital transfers patients to another hospital, a total of Rs 50,000 will be reimbursed to both hospitals under this scheme.
If any person is injured in a road accident in the state, the state government will pay Rs 50,000 for immediate treatment at the nearest government or private hospital, (where he/she has been admitted). so that the patient’s family does not have to pay a single penny for the first 48 hours of treatment
Also through this project people will be made aware about reducing the number of accidents in the state
treatment included under this scheme
Injuries Like Dressing, Stabilization, Fracture Stabilization, Respiratory Condition, X-Ray, Injury Operations, CT Scan, MRI, Ultra Sound, Blood Transfusions, Head Injuries Treatment And Operation, Intimate Treatment Unit (ICU), Stomach And Muscle Injuries, etc, Includes The Costs Of Kind Treatment.
How to apply
The application form for this scheme is available from the hospital where the accident victim is admitted or people can also download the form through this link