About the scheme
Uttar Pradesh Government recently launched the “One District – One Product” for making the Uttar Pradesh state something different from other state by the generalization identification of crafts,The ambitious “One District – One Product” programme of the Uttar Pradesh government aims to encourage specific crafts and products of Uttar Pradesh which are not 1available anywhere else in the country, such as ancient and nutritious kalanamak rice, rare and unimaginable wheat stalk crafts, world famous chikankari, zari-zardozi work on clothes, very complex craft work from horns and bones obtained from dead animals, which is a nature-friendly alternative to ivory. etc. Many of these products are g.i. Tag means geographical identification plaque holders. These are the products which identify the location specific.
Objective of this project
- Preservation and development of local crafts / skills and promotion of arts
- To resolve issues of economic disparity and regional imbalance
- To take ODOP products to national and international markets
- Increase in incomes/local employment, thus minimising migration for jobs
- Improvement in product quality and skill development
- Assistance in key areas – technology, skill development, infrastructure, and finance
- Resolve the issues of economic difference and regional imbalance
- Increase overall exports of the selected products
- To connect the production with tourism (Live demo and sales outlet – gifts and souvenir)
Benefit Of this scheme
One District One Product (ODOP) Of Uttar Pradesh: In a state as vast as Uttar Pradesh – a geographical expanse of 2,40,928 sq km, a population of 204.2 million people a great diversity in all facets of life lies there. There are varied terrains, diverse crops and foods, diverse climates in the state of UP so very diverse community traditions and economic pursuits exist there. The great and beautiful diversity of crafts and industries in Uttar Pradesh are seen in small towns and small districts known for interesting and astonishing products typical of that area.
The UP government’s One District, One Product Scheme aims to encourage such indigenous and specialized products and crafts. There are products in UP that are found nowhere else – like the ancient and nutritious Kala Namak Rice, the rare and intriguing Wheat-stalk Craft, World-famous Chikankari and Zari-zardozi work on clothes, and the intricate and stunning horn and bone work that uses the remains of dead animals. Asafoetida, Desi ghee, Fancy glassware, Bedsheets, Jaggery, Leather Goods are also produced in the various districts of UP.
The Key objectives of the One District One Product Scheme of Uttar Pradesh are as follows:
- Preservation and progress of local crafts/skills and promotion of the art.
- Increase in the incomes and local employment (resulting in decline in migration for employment).
- Upgrading in product quality and skill development.
- Transforming the products in a creative way (through packaging, branding).
- To unite the production with tourism (Live demo and sales outlet – gifts and souvenir).
- To resolve the issues of economic difference and regional imbalance.
- To take the concept of ODOP to national and international level after successful implementation at State level.
Here is the complete list of Products under the One District One Product (ODOP) Scheme of Uttar Pradesh.
|NAME OF THE DISTRICT||PRODUCTS|
|Aligarh||Locks and Hardware|
|Ambedkar Nagar||Textile Products|
|Auraiya||Food Processing (Desi Ghee)|
|Balrampur||Food Processing (Pulses)|
|Banda||Shazar Stone Craft|
|Etah||Ankle Bells, Bells and Brass Products|
|Fatehpur||Bedsheets and Iron Fabrication Works|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Readymade Garments|
|Ghazipur||Jute Wall Hanging|
|Gonda||Food Processing (Pulses)|
|Jalaun||Handmade Paper Art|
|Jaunpur||Woollen Carpets (Dari)|
|Kanpur Dehat||Aluminum Utensils|
|Kanpur Nagar||Leather Products|
|Kaushambi||Food Processing (Banana)|
|Kushinagar||Banana Fiber Products|
|Lakhimpur Kheri||Tribal Craft|
|Lalitpur||Zari Silk Sarees|
|Lucknow||Chikankari & Zari Zardozi|
|Mahoba||Gaura Stone Craft|
|Rampur||Applique Work along with Patch Work, Zari Patchwork|
|Sant Kabir Nagar||Brassware Craft|
|Siddharthnagar||Kala Namak Rice|
|Varanasi||Banarasi Silk Saree|
Under the ODOP programme, the state government of Uttar Pradesh offers various credit facilities and subsidies under four different categories of schemes for promoting infrastructure development, providing seamless access to finance, initiating skill development and providing marketing assistance to manufacturers of the unique product in a particular district.
Based on a district’s strengths, ODOP has been a transformational step towards realising the true potential of a district, fuel economic growth and generate employment and rural entrepreneurship. The scheme’s implementation in Uttar Pradesh has enhanced the state’s export capacity by over 30 per cent since 2018 (the year ODOP was launched by Uttar Pradesh) recording a staggering export of around INR 89,000 crore ($12.1 bn) in 2019-20. Under the special drive of ODOP and Vishwakarma Shram Samman, 3.14 lakh entrepreneurs have been benefitted.