About Uttarakhand Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana
The Uttarakhand state government has started this scheme to increase the birth rate of girls in the state of Uttarakhand, through this scheme, if a mother gave birth to a girl child and sends a picture along with their daughter through a selfie to the Anganwadi workers, then the state government provides all the required medical aids and a Vaishnavi kit for that girl and her parents.
Objectives of this scheme
- promoting to increase girl childbirth rate in Uttarakhand state
- To reduce girl-child mortality in the state of Uttarakhand
- To change the attitude of the society towards the birth of a girl child
Salient Features of Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana
- Under the scheme, the girl’s family will get help 24 hours a day from a government hospital, ANM, or Anganwadi center.
- Vaishnavi kit and new clothes will be provided to the beneficiary family by Anganwadi workers under Uttarakhand Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana
- The congratulatory message to the beneficiary family can be given over the phone by the Chief Minister and also by the departmental ministers.
- Families can provide their daughter’s information when a separate toll-free number will be issued for the scheme by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Full Overview Of Uttarakhand Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana
|Name Of Scheme||Uttarakhand Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana|
|Launched By||Uttarakhand State government (WECD Department)|
|Objectives||To increase the girl birth rate in the state|
|Incentive||Vaishnavi kit & Other Allowance|
|Beneficiaries||Those Mothers who gave birth of a girl child|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
- applicant must be from Uttarakhand
- The applicant mother will be eligible for this scheme only if she has given birth to a girl child
Benefits Of This Scheme
- As soon as the information of the beneficiary family is verified by the government, the Vaishnavi kit will be provided to the mothers of the family through Anganwadi and ANM workers.
- Under the Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana of the state government, new clothes will also be provided by the government on the birth of a girl child.
- The safety kits given under Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana will contain items for newborn baby use to ensure proper hygiene
- A unique identification number will also be provided to the child under this scheme.
- Under the scheme, congratulatory messages will be sent to the family by government officials.
- A Vaishnavi Card is also given to the family under Vaishnavi Suraksha Yojana, through this card, vaccination and other health services are provided to the beneficiaries.
- Birth Proof of Girl Child
- a selfie with a girl
- Identity proof of parents
- Aadhar card
- Accommodation quantity
- mobile number
- passport size photo etc.
How To Apply
- On the birth of a girl child, a selfie of the girl child should be taken by the parents or any other person and shown to the Anganwadi workers.
- Then within 24 hours the Anganwadi workers and staff of the nearest government hospital come to the birthplace of the girlchild and they take a selfie along with the baby girl child and send the selfie to the nodal officer.
- After that, the Anganwadi workers provide Vaishnavi kit and clothes, etc. for the girl
- Along with this, the chief minister and district officials send congratulatory messages to the girl’s family.