About Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Upahar Yojana
The Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana is a government-sponsored scheme that aims to provide proper nutrition to expectant mothers. This scheme is a part of the larger National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013, which seeks to ensure that all citizens have access to adequate food and nutrition. Through this scheme, the government of Tripura is working towards reducing maternal and infant mortality rates by providing proper nutrition to expectant mothers.
Pregnancy is a crucial stage in a woman’s life, and it is essential to provide proper nutrition to the expectant and nursing mothers to ensure the health of both the mother and the child. The government of Tripura has taken an initiative to support these women through the “Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana” scheme. This scheme aims to provide nutritional support to pregnant and lactating women and ensure their well-being during and after pregnancy.
The primary objective of the Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana is to provide adequate nutrition to expectant mothers. The scheme aims to achieve this by:
- Providing free food to expectant mothers.
- Ensuring that the food provided is of good quality and is nutritious.
- Encouraging expectant mothers to consume a balanced diet.
- Reducing the incidence of malnutrition among expectant mothers.
Full Overview Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana|
|Announcement||Govt of Tripura|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To provide nutrition support to pregnant women and lactating mothers|
|Incentive||Rs. 500/- cash transfer after each essential check-up, up to 4 times|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant women and lactating mothers in Tripura|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Process||Offline registration at the nearest Anganwadi centre|
To be eligible for the Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana, the expectant mother must fulfill the following criteria:
- The expectant mother must be a resident of Tripura.
- The applicant must belong to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) or APL (Above Poverty Line) category.
- The expectant mother must have a valid Antenatal Care (ANC) card.
- The expectant mother must not be receiving benefits from any other government-sponsored nutrition scheme.
The Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana provides the following benefits to expectant mothers:
- The scheme aims to provide financial support to pregnant women, especially those from economically weaker sections, to ensure that they receive proper prenatal care.
- The cash transfer will be provided after each essential checkup, which includes tests such as blood pressure monitoring, weight measurement, and ultrasound scans.
- The cash transfer will be made only up to a maximum of 4 times during the pregnancy.
- The amount of cash transfer is fixed at Rs 500 per checkup, regardless of the location or type of checkup.
- The cash transfer will be made through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), which means that the money will be directly deposited into the bank account of the pregnant woman.
- The scheme is open to all pregnant women in India, except those who are already receiving benefits under other government schemes such as the Janani Suraksha Yojana.
To apply for the Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana, the expectant mother must provide the following documents:
- A valid Antenatal Care (ANC) card.
- Proof of residence in Tripura.
- A certificate of pregnancy from a registered medical practitioner.
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
How to apply
To apply for the Tripura Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Yojana, the expectant mother must follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest Anganwadi center or Health Sub-Center.
- Fill in the application form for the scheme.
- Submit the required documents along with the application form.
- The application will be verified by the concerned authorities.
- Upon verification, the expectant mother will receive the kit containing the food items.