About Tripura Incentive to Girl Child Scheme
The “Tripura Scheme for Incentives to Girl Child” is a program launched by the Government of Tripura to encourage and promote the education and overall welfare of girl child belonging to economically weaker households in Tripura state. The main objective of this scheme is to promote gender equality and empower girls coming from economically disadvantaged backgrounds of the state. Under this scheme, families who have two daughters and fall in the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category will be given a financial incentive of Rs 300 per month for each girl child till the age of 15 years. It is a financial aid aimed at reducing the financial burden on families and enabling them to support the education and upbringing of their daughters.
The Tripura Scheme for Incentive to Girl Child has several objectives, including:
- To encourage parents to send their daughters to school and support their education.
- To promote gender equality and empower girl children from economically weaker backgrounds.
- To reduce the financial burden on families who face difficulties in providing for their children’s education.
- To reduce the gender gap in education and ensure that every girl child in Tripura receives an equal opportunity to learn and grow.
Full Overview Of Tripura Incentive to Girl Child Scheme
|Scheme Name||Tripura Scheme For Incentive To Girl Child|
|Announcement||Directorate Of Social Welfare & Social Education, Govt. of Tripura|
|Objectives||To provide financial assistance to girl children born in BPL households in Tripura for their upbringing and education, thereby promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment.|
|Incentive||₹300 per head per month up to the month the girl child attains the age of 15 years.|
|Beneficiaries||Up to two girl children in each BPL family in Tripura born on or after 01/06/2009.|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Process||Offline registration through the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) of the concerned AMC / Nagar Panchayat / RD Block.|
|Official Website||Not specified.|
To be eligible for the Tripura Scheme for Incentive to Girl Child, the following criteria must be met:
- The girl child must be born on or after 01/06/2009.
- The parents of the girl child must be cardholders of listed BPL households.
- Up to two girl children in a family will be covered by the scheme.
- The girl child must be a permanent resident of Tripura.
Under the Tripura Scheme for Incentive to Girl Child, the parents of the eligible girl children will receive an incentive of ₹300 per head per month up to the month the girl child attains the age of 15 years. The incentive amount will be paid to the mother of the girl child, preferably to the bank/post office account. This financial support will help the families in providing education and other necessities to their daughters. The scheme covers up to two girl children in a family.
To apply for the Tripura Scheme for Incentive to Girl Child, the following documents are required:
- Attested copy of the certificate indicating that the applicant belongs to a BPL household issued by the B.D.O or C.E.O. of the respective RB Block / Nagar Panchayat / AMC.
- Attested copy of EPIC of the applicant.
- Attested copy of Birth Certificate of the girl child issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths / AMC / Nagar Panchayat / Gram Panchayat / Village Committee of TTAADC areas.
How to Apply
To apply for the Tripura Scheme for Incentive to Girl Child, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the office of the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) of the concerned AMC / Nagar Panchayat / RD Block to collect the application form.
- Fill the form with all the necessary details.
- Attach all the required documents along with the application form.
- Submit the completed application form to the CDPO for verification.
- The CDPO will sanction the incentive with prior approval of the Director of Social Welfare and Social Education.