About Telangana Aarogya Lakshmi scheme
Maternal and child malnutrition still remains a major concern in India, with many children and mothers suffering from inadequate diets that can lead to serious health problems. To address this issue, the Government of Telangana launched the Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme in 2015. This scheme provides nutritional support to pregnant and lactating women, as well as young children, in order to improve their health and well-being.
The Telangana Arogya Lakshmi Yojana is a government-run nutrition program to support pregnant and lactating women in the Indian state of Telangana. The objective of this program is to ensure a complete nutritious diet for 25 days per month to pregnant and lactating women with nutritious foods such as eggs and milk. The plan aims to reduce malnutrition among women and children, promote better health outcomes and provide support to vulnerable communities. The scheme is available to women below and above the poverty line and is designed based on WHO guidelines on nutrition for women and children.
- To provide nutritious meals to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centers.
- To improve the health and nutritional status of women and children in Telangana.
- To reduce malnutrition, stunting, and anemia among women and children.
Full Overview Of Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme|
|Announcement||Govt of Telangana|
|Implementation||1 January 2015|
|Objectives||To provide nutritional support to pregnant and lactating women in Telangana,|
|Incentive||One full meal and 16 eggs per month for children aged 7 months to 6 years, one meal and one egg per day plus 200 ml milk for 25 days per month for pregnant and lactating women|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant and lactating women, children aged 7 months to 6 years in Telangana|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Process||Offline registration at Anganwadi centers|
The Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme is available to all pregnant and lactating women in Telangana, regardless of their economic status. Young children between the ages of 7 months and 6 years are also eligible for the scheme.
- Benefits: Under the Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme, beneficiaries receive the following benefits:
- 16 eggs a month for children in the age group of 7 months to 3 years.
- An egg every day for children from 3 to 6 years.
- One meal every day for 25 days in a month for pregnant and lactating women.
- 200 ml of milk for 25 days a month for pregnant and lactating women.
|Day||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||Item 5|
|1||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||–||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|2||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|3||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||–||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|4||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|5||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|6||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
- Identification proof such as an Aadhaar card or Voter ID card
- Address proof such as ration card or utility bill
- Age proof of children such as birth certificate
How to Apply
To apply for the Aarogya Lakshmi Scheme, beneficiaries can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the nearest Anganwadi center.
- Fill out the application form and provide the required documents.
- Submit the application to the Anganwadi worker.
- Once the application is approved, beneficiaries will start receiving the nutritional benefits