A Tamilnadu Marriage Certificate is a legal document that serves as proof of the marriage between two individuals in the state of Tamilnadu in India. It is issued by the government and contains information about the couple, including their names, addresses, and the date and place of the marriage. The certificate is important for a variety of purposes, such as obtaining visas, enrolling in certain benefits programs, and changing legal documents. It is essential for individuals to obtain a Marriage Certificate in order to establish their marital status and protect their rights and responsibilities within the marriage.
To be eligible to apply for a Tamilnadu Marriage Certificate, the following criteria must be met:
- Both individuals must be at least 21 years old.
- Both individuals must be unmarried or widowed.
- Both individuals must be of the same religion or agree to convert to the same religion.
- Both individuals must be of sound mind and not under the influence of any substances or substances.
- Both individuals must provide proof of identity and residence.
- If either individual has been previously married, they must provide proof of the dissolution of the previous marriage.
- If either individual is a foreign national, they must provide proof of their legal status in India.
- Both individuals must have the consent of their parents or guardians if they are under the age of 25.
In the case of a Hindu marriage, the marriage must be solemnised by a licensed person in the presence of three witnesses In the case of a special marriage, the marriage must be solemnised by the licensed person in the presence of two witnesses.
Some benefits of obtaining a Tamilnadu Marriage Certificate include:
- Legal recognition of the marriage and protection of the rights and responsibilities of both individuals within the marriage.
- Ability to change legal documents, such as passports and driver’s licenses, to reflect the change in marital status.
- Eligibility to enroll in certain benefits programs, such as health insurance and pension plans, as a married couple.
- Ability to sponsor a spouse for a visa or other immigration purposes.
- Evidence of the marriage for future legal or financial purposes, such as property ownership or inheritance.
- Ability to apply for joint loans or mortgages as a married couple.
- Proof of identity, such as a passport, driver’s license, or voter’s ID card, for both individuals.
- Proof of residence, such as a utility bill or rent agreement, for both individuals.
- Birth certificates of both individuals.
- If either individual has been previously married, proof of the dissolution of the previous marriage, such as a divorce decree or death certificate.
- If either individual is a foreign national, proof of their legal status in India, such as a valid visa.
- Parental consent for individuals under the age of 25.
- Three passport-sized photographs of both individuals.
- Marriage invitation or affidavit.
- Fees for the Marriage Certificate.
- Certificate from the priest in case of marriage in a religious place
- Photos of the couple’s wedding
- The wedding invitation card mentions the husband and wife’s name, place and date of marriage.
- Under the Christian Marriage Act, the applicant is required to provide the reference number, dispatch number and church certificate
How to Apply
At first go to the official website of this of which we have given below for your convenience
now the home page will open in front of you
On that homepage click new user
now a new web page will appear, where you have to fill out the additional information like username password at cetera
After that you have to click on receive OTP
Now you have to enter the OTP which has been sent to your mobile number into the OTP box
After that you have to click on complete registration
Now you have to login on the portal by entering your username password and captcha code
- After that you after click on sign in
- You have to click on marriage registration
- After that you have to click on proceed for registration
- Now in the registration form you have to enter the following details:-
- Husband details
- Wife details
- Witness details
- Other details
- NRI details
- Now you have to enter proof details
- You have to select proof type and identification type
- After that you have to enter identification number
- Now you have to click on add
- After that you have to click on create application
- Now you have to click on proceed for payment
- If you want to print the copy of acknowledgement then you have to click on print option
- After that you have to enter payment details
- Now you have to make payment
- Now a new page will appear before you
- You have to read all the terms and conditions on this new page
- Now you have to to click on submit
- Now you will be redirected to a new page
- You have to click on the print option in order to print the application for marriage
- If you want to change the sub register office then you have to click on edit SRO
- You can select the SRO which needs to be changed from the dropdown menu and then click on update
- By following this procedure you can do to Tamil Nadu marriage registration
Visit the official website of registration department, Tamil NaduThe home page will open before youOn the homepage you have to click on moreAfter that you have to click on searchNow you have to click on marriageAfter that you have to select your marriage typeNow you have to select the search categoryAfter that you have to enter the information according to your search categoryNow you have to click on searchBy following this procedure you can search details of marriage
To apply for a Tamilnadu Marriage Certificate through offline registration, the following steps should be followed:
- Visit the local Registrar of Marriages office in the district where the marriage took place.
- Complete the Marriage Certificate application form and provide all necessary information, including the names and addresses of both individuals, the date and place of the marriage, and the names and addresses of the witnesses.
- Submit the application form and all required documents to the office.
- Pay the fees for the Marriage Certificate.
- Wait for the Marriage Certificate to be issued, which may take several weeks.
- Once the Marriage Certificate has been issued, it can be collected from the Registrar of Marriages office or mailed to the address provided on the application form.