About Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Scheme
The Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS) is a government initiative launched by the Tamil Nadu government to provide employment opportunities and increase livelihood and social security in urban areas of the state. The scheme aims to create and maintain public assets and will be implemented on a pilot basis in two zones of Greater Chennai Corporation, one region in each of 14 Municipal Corporations, one municipality in seven regions, and one panchayat in 37 districts for the year 2021 22. The government has allocated 100 crore rupees for the implementation of this project.
Under this scheme, 50% of the total person days will be earmarked for women, and both men and women will be paid equal wages for the same unskilled and semi-skilled work. The TNUEGS is based on recommendations made by a committee headed by former Reserve Bank of India Governor C Rangarajan.
The main objectives of the Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS) are:
- To provide livelihood and social security by increasing employment opportunities through the creation and maintenance of public assets.
- To reduce unemployment rates in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- To improve the standard of living of citizens in Tamil Nadu.
- To ensure equal pay for equal work for men and women for the same type of unskilled and semi-skilled work.
Key Highlight Of Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Urban Employment Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||To Provide Livelihood And Social Security By Increasing Job Opportunities And Through The Creation And Maintenance Of Public Asset|
|Official Website||To Be Launched Soon|
|Mode Of Application||Online/Offline|
To be eligible for the Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS), an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of an urban area in Tamil Nadu.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work for the duration of the employment period.
- Must provide proof of identity, residence, and age.
- Must complete the application process and submit the required documents.
The benefits of the Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS) are:
- Provides employment opportunities to urban residents in Tamil Nadu, particularly during times of crisis such as the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Provides economic support to urban residents during times of financial hardship.
- Improves the infrastructure of the state.
- Improves the overall quality of life in urban areas by providing employment opportunities to the local population.
- Ensures equal pay for equal work for both men and women for the same type of unskilled and semi-skilled work.
The following documents are required to apply for the Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS):
- Proof of identity (such as a voter ID, PAN card, or driver’s license)
- Proof of residence (such as a ration card or utility bill)
- Proof of age (such as a birth certificate or school certificate)
- Completed application form
- Any other documents as required by the municipal corporation or panchayat office.
How to Apply
To apply for the Tamil Nadu Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme (TNUEGS), follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest municipal corporation or panchayat office in an urban area of Tamil Nadu.
- Obtain an application form for the TNUEGS.
- Fill out the application form with the required personal and educational information.
- Attach the required documents, such as proof of identity, residence, and age.
- Submit the completed application form and documents to the municipal corporation or panchayat office.
- Wait for the application to be processed and for an employment opportunity to be provided.
Alternatively, the application form for the TNUEGS can also be downloaded from the official website of the Tamil Nadu government. After filling out the form, it can be submitted along with the required documents to the nearest municipal corporation or panchayat office.