About the Tamil Labour registration portal
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a significant impact on the livelihood of workers in the unorganized sector. To address their needs, the Tamil Nadu Government has launched the Tamil Labour Registration Portal. This online platform aims to provide a centralized database of registered laborers in Tamil Nadu and offer various welfare schemes and benefits.
- Launching an all-in-one portal for unorganized workers and providing financial assistance and other facilities through their registration on the portal
- To provide ease of registration for workers in the unorganized sector.
- To provide appropriate assistance and help in stable living by providing financial assistance to registered and needy workers
- To ensure the safety of workers in the unorganized sector.
Full Overview Of this Portal
|Scheme Name||Tamil Labour Registration Portal|
|Announcement||Govt of Tamil Nadu|
|State Name||Tamil Nadu|
|Objectives||To create a centralized database of all the registered labourers in Tamil Nadu and provide them with various welfare schemes and benefits|
|Incentives||Access to various welfare schemes and benefits|
|Beneficiaries||All laborers in Tamil Nadu, including migrant workers|
To be eligible for the Tamil Nadu Labor Online Registration Portal, candidates must:
- Must be a resident of Tamil Nadu
- Must have a domicile certificate as proof of residency
- Without the domicile certificate, one cannot benefit from any current or future schemes for labour
- It is mandatory to register on the official TN Labour Portal to take advantage of the scheme.
The main objective of this portal is to provide all the facilities taken by the government to the unorganized working class and help them lead a stable life.
- Each worker will be issued a labor card ensuring various rights and privileges to the workers
- providing various facilities to workers
- Unorganized workers who were earlier omitted to register on the Tamilnadu labor welfare board can apply and register through online mode.
- The portal will help registered and needy laborers to get suitable financial support.
- The main idea of launching the portal and helping the workers is to promote harmony and balance in industrial peace.
- The labor department is trying to settle industrial disputes between workers.
- Ensures the safety of workers in the unorganized sector.
The following documents are required to apply for the Tamil Nadu Labor Online Registration Portal:
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Voter card
- Driving license
- PAN Card
How to Apply
Follow these simple steps to register for TN Labour Online Registration:
- Go to the official website of the Tamil Nadu Labour Department: www.labour.tn.gov.in.
- On the home page, click on “Online Services” on the menu bar.
- A dropdown will appear. Click on “Login“.
- As a new applicant, click on the “New User” link on the login page. This will redirect you to the Tamil Nadu Labour Registration Form.
- Fill in your personal details in the “Personal Details” section, including your name, designation, date of birth, Aadhaar number, and ID proof details.
- In the “Communication” section, enter your address details, including state, district, taluk, road, gate number, and pin code.
- In the “Contact Details” section, enter your STD code, telephone number, mobile number, and email ID. Click on “Verify Mobile Number” and “Verify Email ID” to verify these details.
- In the “Documents” section, upload your PAN/Ration Card/Voter ID/Driving License and Aadhaar card.
- In the next section, create a password for your account and retype it for confirmation.
- Verify all the details you have entered and click on the “Register” button.
- To log in to the portal, go to the “Login” option under the “Online Services” section on the homepage. Enter your username and password and click on “Login”.
- You can check the status of your application by going to the “Application Status” option under the “Online Services” section on the homepage of the website. Enter your application number and click on “Search” to view the status.
- To lodge a grievance, click on the “Grievance” option on the homepage. Fill in the required details on the form and click on “Submit” to complete the grievance.
- To download guidelines for filling out applications, click on the “Guidelines to fill Applications” option under “User Guidelines” in the menu. Click on “Download” to save the information to your device.
- To verify your certificate, click on the “Certificate Verification” option under the “Online Services” section in the menu. Enter your registration number and click on “Search” to view the verification information.