about the Saksham Scholarship Programme for Drivers
‘The Saksham Scholarship Programme for Drivers’ Children is an initiative of Mahindra Finance, which provides financial support to assist children from the driver community to continue their education. This financial assistance is given to overcome obstacles and empower the educational and career goals of the drivers’ children. Under this scholarship, students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Telangana who are studying at classes 1 to 12, undergraduate and postgraduate level will be provided one-time (fixed) financial assistance of up to INR 20,000 for their academic expenses cover.
objectives of this scheme
- To meet the financial need for higher studies of them by providing scholarships to the poor meritorious Driver’s children
- Motivating poor Driver’s children for higher education by providing scholarships
- to overcome obstacles and empower the educational and career goals of the drivers’ children
- to assist children from the driver community to continue their education
Full Overview Of the Saksham Scholarship Program
|Scholarships Name||Saksham Scholarship Program|
|State||Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Telangana|
|Launched by||Mahindra Finance|
|Objective||Motivating the poor meritorious Driver’s children for higher education|
|beneficiary||Child of drivers community who are currently studying between class 1 to postgraduation|
|Scholarship Amount||₹15,000 per year (depending upon the student’s current class|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Important Dates||* Last Date Of Application: 31-Oct-2022 (the year 2022)|
- Open for students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Telangana.
- Applicants must be studying between class 1 to postgraduation.
- Applicants must have secured 60% and above marks in their previous class (exclude class 1-8)
- One of the parents should be a driver (all light motor vehicles and small commercial vehicles such as Taxi, Jeep, Car & delivery vans such as Pickup, magic, school van, etc.) and should hold a valid driving license
- The annual family income of the applicants from all sources should not be more than INR 4,00,000.
- Children or family members of Mahindra Finance & Buddy4Study are not eligible.
NOTE: Scholarships will be awarded to a maximum of two students per family.
The applicant will be given the following awards in this scholarship:-
|class (student currently studying in)||Scholarship Amount (in Rs)|
|Class 1 to 8||INR 5,000 for 1 year|
|Class 9 and 10||INR 8,000 for 1 year|
|Class 11 and 12||INR 10,000 for 1 year|
|graduation (both general and professional), ITI, Diploma, or Polytechnic courses||INR 15,000 for 1 year|
|postgraduation courses (both general and professional)||INR 20,000 for 1 year|
- Marksheet of the previous qualifying examination
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter id card/driving license/PAN card)
- Family income proof (Form 16A/income certificate from government authority/salary slips, etc.)
- Admission proof (Fee receipt/admission letter/institution ID card/ bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant (canceled cheque/passbook copy)
- Commercial driving license (taxi, cab, minivan, school van, magic/pick-up, etc.)
- Contract copy/income proof/employee ID card (for cab driver’s profile if they do not possess a commercial driving license)
- Address proof (Domicile certificate/residential certificate/telephone bill/ration card)
- Photograph of the applicant
how to apply
- first, go to the main website of this scholarship for application, which link we have provided below
- after that, the homepage of this scholarship will appear in front of you
- now you need to click on the ‘Apply Now button, as shown in the image below
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Saksham Scholarship Program for Drivers Children’s application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.