About Rupashree Scheme
The Rupashree project is a financial assistance project of the West Bengal State Government for the marriage of girls from poor families. The main objective of this project is to provide assistance of Rs 25,000 for the marriage of poor girls, in West Bengal. the benefits of this project have been provided in every district of West Bengal. The scheme has been launched under the direction of the Hon’ble Chief Minister so that poor families do not have to borrow money at an interest rate for their daughter’s marriage.
Objective Of this Scheme
- For daughter’s wedding so that her family doesn’t have to borrow money
- Letting the daughter not be a burden to the family for marriage
- Preventing Child Marriage in the state
- Encouraging poor families to improve the social conditions of the state
Full Overview Of Rupashree Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Rupashree Scheme|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of West Bengal, Mamata Banarjee|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Implementation||1st April 2018|
|Objectives||Providing financial assistance for the marriage of girls from poor families|
|Beneficiaries||Unmarried girls who are going to get married in a few Days|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
Eligibility Criteria of Beneficiary
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- The applicant must remain unmarried on the date of submission of her application
- The proposed marriage must be the applicant’s first marriage.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- If the applicant has been living in West Bengal for the last 5 years, he will be eligible to apply for the Rupashree project.
- Her family income should be less than Rs 1.50 lakh per annum.
- The applicant’s probable groom should be 21 years old.
- The applicant must have an active bank account where she is the sole account holder.
- The bank account must be in a bank that has an IFSC code and an MICR code and transacts e-payments despite NEFT.
- The applicant girl will get financial assistance of Rs 25,000 for her marriage.
- Proof of age of the applicant: Self-attested photocopy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID Card / PAN Card / Secondary Admit Card / Aadhaar Card / Government Recognized School Leaving Certificate
- The dignity of never being married: self-declaration
- Family Income: Self-Declaration
- Proof of residence: self-declaration
- Bank Account: A self-attested photocopy of the page of the bank book with full details of the account holder’s name, account no., Bank address, IFS code and MICR no.
- Proof of Proposed Marriage: Any one of the following: Wedding Invitation Card / Notification for Marriage Registration / Self Declaration.
- Proof of age of prospective groom: Photocopy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID Card / PAN Card / Secondary Admit Card / Aadhaar Card / Government Recognized School Leaving Certificate
How to apply
- Step 1: Collect the Rupashree project form. which you can download by clicking the below button or get it from BDO office or data center in your area.
- Step 2: Fill in the Form very carefully
- Step 3: Pin the required documents to the form well
- Step 4: Submit the form to the following office according to your regional location 1) Applicant living in a rural area :Block Development office 2) Applicant living in the municipal area : Sub-divisional office 3) Applicant resides in Municipal Corporation area : Submit it to the office of the Municipal Commissioner
- The applicant has to submit this Rupashree project form 30-60 days before the wedding
Check your Rupashree application status
If you have already applied in the Rupashree scheme then you can check your application status with the following steps
- At first applicants need to go the official website to check her rupashree scheme status,which link we have given below for your convenience
- after clicking the button Homepage of the official website will open in front of you
- Now click on the “Track application” option as shown in the following image
- Now Put your application id no and application year in the box as shown in the image below
- After filling the form properly, Click on the Submit button
- Now you can see your Rupashree Scheme Status