About Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students
Department for the Welfare of SC/ST/OBC, Government of NCT of Delhi invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10), Delhi 2021 from SC students studying in Class 9 and 10 at a recognized school. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to eligible students so that they can pursue their studies successfully. Selected students will receive a scholarship of up to INR 750 per month for 10 months and a grant of up to INR 1,000 per month for 10 months.
objectives of this scholarship
- to support parents of SC children for the education of their wards studying in classes 9 and 10 so that the incidence of dropout, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized
- to improve the participation of SC children in classes 9 and 10 of the pre-matric stages so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education
Full Overview Of Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students
|scholarships name||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10),|
|Eligible Class||The Student Should Be currently Pursuing 9Th or 10Th studies|
|Scholarship Amount||Class X students – tuition fees are Rs 350 per month &books and ad hoc grant Rs 1,000 per annum|
class IX -tuition fees are Rs 150 per month &books and ad hoc grant Rs750 per annum
|Mode Of Application||Offline (As Per UGC Norms)|
|Important Dates||* Last Date Of Application: 30 April (closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January 2023)|
- The scholarship program is only available to scheduled caste students belonging to Delhi.
- The total income of the parents of the students applying should not exceed Rs 2 lakh annually.
- The candidate should not have to be a recipient of the scholarship under the centrally funded pre-matric scholarship program
- Only students studying in central schools, state boards, and government schools can apply for this scholarship.
- Students of classes 9 and 10 who have failed will not be able to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant’s caste certificate is mandatory
- Students of class 9th and class 10th (day scholars) will get a scholarship amount of INR 225/- per month.
- Hosteller students will get INR 750/- per month.
- Additionally, the awardees will get books and ad-hoc Grant of INR 525/- per annum (day scholars) and INR 1000/- per annum for hostellers.
- cast certificate
- Residence proof
- Aadhar card
- Previous class mark sheet
- Income certificate
- Fee Receipt (if applicable)
- Verification Letter (for outside Delhi applications)
how to apply
You can apply for this scholarship from your school or respective social society or you can also apply on your own by going to this website
Government of NCT of Delhi,
Department for the welfare of SC/ST/OBC,
B-Block, 2nd floor,
Vikas Bhawan, IP Estate,