About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
PMSBY is an Accident Insurance Scheme offering accidental death and disability insurance cover for death or disability on account of an accident.
this scheme offers accidental insurance coverage up to 2 lakh rupees on only 12 rs annual premium
The scheme would be offered/administered through Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs) and other General Insurance companies willing to offer the insurance coverage on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with Banks / Post office for this purpose. Participating banks / Post office will be free to engage any such insurance company for implementing the scheme for their subscribers.
Objective Of This Scheme
- To Provide Financial Assistance To The Family Of The Deceased/Disabled Person Due To Accident So That They Do Not Face Financial Difficulties.
- Providing accidental Insurance Cover To all citizen
- To Make Arrangements For Better Life Of Those Families
individual bank account holders of participating banks aged between 18 years (completed) and 70 years (age nearer birthday) who give their consent to join/enable auto-debit, as per the above modality, will be enrolled into the scheme.
Rs12/- per annum per member. The premium will be deducted from the account holder’s bank account through ‘auto debit’ facility in one instalment on or before 1st June of each annual coverage period under the scheme.
- On Death – the Nominee shall get Rs 2 Lakh
- Total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of hand or foot – Subscriber shall get Rs 2 Lakh
- Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or foot –Subscriber shall get Rs 1 Lakh
Accident cover assurance termination
The accident cover of the member shall terminate / be restricted accordingly on any of the following events:
- On attaining age 70 years (age nearer birth day).
- Closure of account with the Bank or insufficiency of balance to keep the insurance in force.
- In case a member is covered through more than one account and premium is received by the insurance company inadvertently, insurance cover will be restricted to one account and the premium shall be liable to be forfeited.
- Proof of Identity – Either of Aadhaar card or Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) or MGNREGA card or Driving License or PAN card or Passport
- Aadhaar linked Active Bank savings Account Details
How To Apply
- One can also open an PMSBY account online using one’s bank’s Net banking facility.
- The applicant can login into his/her internet banking account and search for PMSBY on dashboard.
- Customer has to fill some basic and Nominee details.
- Customer has to give consent of auto debit of premium from the account and submit the form
- In order to enroll in PMSBY offline, one can visit the where one has a savings account OR the candidate can visit official site https://jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMSBY.aspx to download form.
- After downloading that application form candidate can fill in all the details and submits them to the bank attached with required documents.
- Once it is successfully submitted subscriber will get a Acknowledgement Slip Cum Certificate of Insurance
Check Your Application Status
to check your current premium status of the scheme go to the bank from where you have applied for this scheme/go to any nationalized banks