about the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is a maternity benefit program run by the government of India. It is a conditional cash transfer scheme for pregnant and lactating women of 19 years of age or above for the first live birth
the objective of this scheme
- To promote proper practice, care, and use of institutional services during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding
- Encouraging women to follow (optimal) nutrition and feeding practices, including early in the first six months and exclusive breastfeeding
- Providing cash incentives for improved health and nutrition to pregnant and lactating mothers.
Full Overview Of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
|Name Of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Coverage area||All over india|
|Objectives||Providing cash incentives for improved health and nutrition to pregnant and lactating mothers|
|Benefits||Rs 5000 to every pregnant and lactating mother|
|Beneficiaries||pregnant and lactating mother|
- Pregnant women applying for the Pregnancy Assistance Scheme should not be less than 19 years of age.
- Under this scheme, women who have become pregnant on or after January 1, 2017 will also be considered eligible.
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) will not be applicable for following-class pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Who are in regular employment with the Central or State Government or any Public Sector Undertaking.
- Who are recipients of similar benefits under any other scheme or law.
The scheme will benefit pregnant women and lactating mothers during the birth of the first live child. The benefit amount of the scheme will be sent directly to the beneficiary’s bank account through DBT. According to the report, the government will pay the amount in the following installments.First installment: Rs 1000 at the time of registration of pregnancy Second installment: Rs 2000, if the beneficiary does at least one antenatal check-up after six months of pregnancy.Third installment: Rs 2000, when the birth of the child is registered and the first vaccine cycle starts to the child including BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis-B.
- residential Documents
- Aadhaar card
- child birth certificate
- Bank passbook
- passport size photograph
- And other all documents
how to apply
Interested beneficiaries who wish to apply online under Matritva Vandana Yojana should follow the procedure given below.
- First you have to go to the official website of the umang. The link of which we have mentioned below for your convenience
- after clicking the link the homepage will open in front of you. On this home page you need to click “register new beneficiary “option; as shown in image below
- now the Umang login page will open in front of you and there you need to submit your mobile number and mpin, and if you already not registered in Umang website then you need to register yourself first
- for that you need to click on the option register here as shown in image below
- now you need to verify your mobile number after that fill the captcha code agree the licence agreement and tap register option thus you can register yourself in the Umang website
- now you can login into the Umang website and register yourself ine pradhanmantri Matru Vandana Yojana
the best way to register yourself in the scheme is apply through offline, for that you need to contact your nearest Anganwadi center and from there Anganwadi karmi will get all your information and will register you in the scheme