About Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana is a national mission undertaken by the Government of India to improve land productivity and ensure better utilization of the country’s resources. The major objective of PMKSY is to achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level, expand cultivable area under assured irrigation, and improve on-farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage of water by which the irrigation system will be effectively improved
A budget of ₹ 5300 crores was allocated for this scheme in one the year 2015-2016 but for the next 5 years (2015-16 to 2019-20) the budget of the scheme has been fixed with a total expenditure of ₹ 50000 crores.
- Consolidation of investment in the irrigation sector at the field level
- Expansion of cultivable area under irrigation
- Providing essential water to agriculture by reducing water wastage
- Development and expansion of cultivable land in the country
- Further development of irrigation and other water conservation technologies
The plan additionally calls for bringing ministries, offices, agencies, research, and financial institutions engaged in water creation and recycling under one platform to consider a complete and holistic view of the entire water cycle. The main objective of this scheme is to provide adequate funds for optimal water budgeting in all sectors which will reduce water wastage in every part of the country and provide essential water supply to agriculture. PMKSY’s tagline is “More Crop Per Drop”.
Eligibility of Pradhanmantri Krishi Sichai Yojana
- To take advantage of this scheme, farmers should have cultivable land.
- The eligible beneficiaries of this scheme will be farmers of all sections of the country.
- Under PM Krishi Sinchai Yojana , benefits will also be provided to members of self-help groups, trusts, cooperative societies, incorporated companies, members of producer farmers’ groups, and other eligible institutions.
- The benefits of the PM Krishi Irrigation Scheme will be available to those institutions and beneficiaries who cultivate that land under the Lease Agreement for a minimum of seven years. This eligibility can also be achieved through contract farming.
Under this scheme, the farmers cultivating the country will be provided subsidy for irrigation equipment to provide proper amount of water for irrigation in their fields and for that the government will provide subsidy for irrigation equipment.
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana has been started to meet this shortage of water. This will facilitate the farmers to irrigate.
This scheme will be delivered to the land which will be suitable for agriculture.
The benefit of this scheme will be extended to those farmers of the country who will have their own cultivable land and water resources.
Through Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana 2022, agriculture will expand, and productivity will increase which will lead to the full development of the economy.
75% grant will be given by the Center for the scheme and 25% of the expenditure will be borne by the state government.
ADVANTAGES OF MICRO IRRIGATION
- Higher Profits
- Water Saving & Water Use Efficiency (WUE)
- Less Energy Costs
- Higher fertilizer-use efficiency (FUE)
- Reduced Labour Costs
- Reduce Soli Loss
- Marginal Solis & Water
- Efficient & Flexible
- Improved Crop Quality
- Higher Yields
Components of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
- Convergence with MGNREGA
- Per Drop More Crop Other Interventions
- Per Drop More Crop Micro Irrigation
- water to every field
PMKSY funds will be provided to the State Governments as per the pattern of assistance of Centrally Sponsored Schemes decided by Ministry of Finance and NITI Aayog. During 2015-16, the existing pattern of assistance of ongoing schemes will be continued.