About Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
PMJJBY is an insurance scheme of the Ministry of Finance, which provides life insurance cover for death due to any cause. This is a one-year cover, which can be renewed year after year.
The scheme is offered/administered through LIC and other life insurance companies who are willing to offer the Bima coverage on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with banks/post offices for the purpose. All individual account holders of participating banks/post offices in the age group of 18 to 50 years are eligible to join. Aadhaar Bank/ The primary for the post office account is KYC.
Objective Of This Scheme
- Providing life insurance coverage to all citizens
- To Provide Financial Assistance To The Family Of The Deceased/Disabled Person Due To any reason So That They Do Not Face Financial Difficulties.
- The age of applicant must be between 18 and 50 Years.
- The applicant must hold a Bank Account / Post Office Account.
MJJBY offers a renewable one-year term life cover of ₹ 2.00 Lakh to all the subscribing bank account holders in the age group of 18-50 years, covering death due to any reason, for a premium of ₹ 330/- per annum per subscriber, to be auto-debited from the subscriber’s bank account.
- Proof of Identity (KYC): Either of AADHAAR card or Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) or MGNREGA card or Driving License or PAN card or Passport
How To Apply
- Download and take print of the “CONSENT-CUM-DECLARATION FORM” given in the link below: https://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMJJBY/English/ApplicationForm.pdf#zoom=250
- Duly fill and sign the application form, attach the self-attested copies of the required documents, and submit the case to the authorised official of Bank / Post Office. The official will return you the “ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP CUM CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE”.
Check Your Application Status
to check your application status go to your default LIC office/banks/post from where