About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY) is an initiative by the Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban/Gramin poor with a target of building 2 crore affordable houses up to 31 March 2022
The Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme is divided into two phases
- Prime Minister’s Rural Housing Scheme(PMAY-G): – Where the Government of India will provide free housing to the poor.
- Prime Minister’s Urban Housing Scheme (PMAY-U): – Government of India will provide loans for construction of houses to all persons interested in this project.
Objective Of This Scheme
The Main Objective Of this Scheme
- Housing For all
Full Overview of PMAY-G & PMAY-Urban Scheme
|Name of Scheme||PMAY-G & PMAY-Urban|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Prime Minister Of India, Narendra Modi|
|Objectives||Housing for All|
All Hilly States- Rs 1,30,000 /
All Non-Hilly States- Rs 1,20,000
Loan up to 15 Lakhs (Depend On Applicant Category)
|Beneficiary||PMAY-G: Families Who don’t own a pucca house|
PMAY-Urban– People who have earned up to 18 lakh per annum can apply
|Application End Date||PMAY-G– 31st March 2022|
PMAY-Urban– 31st March 2022
|Official Website||PMAY-Gramin- http://www.iay.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx#|
Applicant’s Eligibility Criteria
PMAY-G Eligibility Criteria
The applicant is eligible for the scheme only if he has the following qualifications of his family
- All landless or homeless families.
- Families with one or two roomed non-permanent (kaccha) housing. Also, if the applicant has made of concrete walls and roofs of his house, he will not be eligible for this scheme.
- A family that does not have literate male members above the age of 25 years.
- If anyone possesses a Kisan Credit Card with a credit limit of Rs 50,000, he or she can not apply in this Scheme
- Any family which has at least one member working for the Government or earning more than Rs 10,000 each month while being gainfully employed will not qualify for this scheme.
- Any family with at least one member who pays income tax or professional tax is also excluded from this scheme’s purview.
- The family which has disabled members is also eligible for benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Grameen Yojana.
- Those who do not have permanent jobs and are only involved in casual labour.
- Even if the applicant has a motorbike in his family, he will not be eligible to apply for this project
- The scheme includes scheduled tribes and castes as well as minorities.
- The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house
- In case of married couple, either of the spouse or both together in joint ownership will be eligible for a single subsidy.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed of central assistance under any housing scheme from Government of India or any benefit under any scheme in PMAY.
Benefits Of PMAY
The total cost of providing housing facilities to the rural poor will be disbursed to the Central and State Governments
. The total contribution for all the non-hill states will be Rs 1.20 lakhs.
The total contribution for all the hill states will be Rs 1.30 lakh.
Additional financial assistance of Rs 12,000 / – will be provided to each beneficiary for the construction of permanent toilets with each house.
EWS-LIG – Economically Weaker Section -Low Income Group
MIG- Middle Income Group
|Maximum Household income per annum||Up to Rs 6 Lakhs||Rs 6 Lakhs – Rs 12 Lakhs||Rs 12 Lakhs – Rs 18 Lakhs|
|Maximum Property Area (carpet area)||60 sq. meter.||160 sq. meter.||200 sq. meter.|
|The maximum loan amount for subsidy calculation||Rs 6 Lakhs||Rs 9 Lakhs||Rs 12 Lakhs|
|The maximum tenure for subsidy calculation||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Interest Subsidy (% p.a.)||6.50%||4.00%||3.00%|
|Subsidy amount||Rs 2.67 Lakhs||Rs 2.35 Lakhs||Rs 2.30 Lakhs|
|Women ownership of property||Yes||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house in India||Applicable||Applicable||Applicable|
|Housing loan sanction date to be eligible for subsidy||After 17/06/2015||After 01/01/2017||After 01/01/2017|
|Discount Rate for Net Percent Value (NPV) calculation of interest subsidy (%)||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%|
|Validity of the Scheme||31/03/2022||31/03/2021||31/03/2021|
- Aadhaar Card
- Signature of the beneficiary,If a beneficiary is illiterate, a consent letter has to be obtained along with the beneficiary’s thumb-print
- beneficiary registered job card with MGNREGA.
- Bank account details
- The applicant’s Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) number
How to apply
Here are the steps to be followed when adding a new beneficiary to this scheme. It is applicable only when a beneficiary is already qualified but has not yet been added to the database.
- Firstly, visit the website of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
- Secondly, click on Data Entry under the Awaassoft tab on the PMAYG homepage.
- Thirdly, on the PMAYG Rural online application login page select the application section.
- Fourthly, register the user name as per panchayat and block level records and generate a password.
- Lastly, Submit PMAYG online application and bank account details. Once you verify the residence address and photo of the beneficiary. The acceptance letter is available for download. Next prepare the order sheet.
Toll-Free Number: 1800-11-6446
- First, visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. We have given the link below for your convenience.
- Then click Citizen Assessment
- Select the category you want to apply for the loan
- Provide your Aadhaar number and name
- If you are fit to take this loan, Complete the rest of the tasks carefully as directed by that website