about the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship is a type of scholarship assistance for higher education for girls which is being implemented by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The scholarship aims to promote girls’ education and provide assistance through scholarships for the direct cost of girl child education at all levels. The selected candidates will get an annual Indian rupee of Rs 36,200 for two years.
objectives of this scheme
- to support post-graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only
- to recognize the value of observance of small family norms.
- to overcome obstacles and empower the educational and career goals of the meritorious poor girls
Full Overview Of Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
|Scholarships Name||Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|Launched by||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
|Objective||to support post-graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses|
|beneficiary||All eligible girls studying postgraduate in any non-professional course|
|Scholarship Amount||₹36,200 per year|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Important Dates||* Last Date Of Application: 31-Oct-2022 (the year 2022)|
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Only one girl in the family can get the benefit of this scheme.
- Twin or fraternal daughter child candidates can also apply for this scheme.
- If a family has one boy and one girl then the girl child will be considered ineligible for this scholarship scheme.
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years.
- The candidate must be a first-year Girl student in a postgraduate course.
- Candidate should have done a non-professional course and taken regular classes from a recognized institution.
- Candidate should not be a recipient of “PG merit scholarship for University rank holder”.
A total of 3,000 scholarships will be awarded to eligible girl students from all over the country. All those eligible girls will be paid an annual INR 36,200 amount for the entire duration of the 2-year or postgraduate course.
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar Enrollment/Aadhaar Card
- Student’s photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Affidavit regarding single girl child status
how to apply
All information on applying for this scholarship can be known from the respective university
However, we have mentioned below the official website and official guidelines of this scholarship for your convenience
Official website link of this scholarship –CLICK HERE
Official guideline of this scholarship –CLICK HERE