about ONGC Scholarships
ONGC scholarship is an exclusive scholarship opportunity Run by the ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Company) Limited, for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and General categories who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA, or doing Masters in Geophysics/Geology programme.
Under its CSR initiative, the scholarship rewards 2000 meritorious students every year. This Scholarship Aims To Provide higher education Opportunities To Students To Encourage Them To Complete their higher education
Objectives Of This Scholarship
- To provide scholarships for higher education to all poor and middle-class meritorious students
- Encouraging research among all students through higher education
Full Overview of ONGC Scholarships
|1.||Name of the Scholarship||ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST/OBC and General Category Students|
|2.||Total number of scholarships available||2,000 |
For SC/ST Students – 1,000*For OBC Students – 500*For General category students – 500*
|3.||Amount of scholarship||INR 48,000 per annum to each scholar (INR 4,000 per month)|
|4.||Stream-wise distribution of scholarships||Engineering – 494 (SC/ST) + 300 (OBC) + 300 (General)MBBS – 90 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)MBA – 146 (SC/ST) + 50 (OBC) + 50 (General)Masters in Geology/Geophysics – 270 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)|
|5.||Zone-wise distribution of scholarships||North Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)West Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)North-East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)East Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)South Zone – 200 (SC/ST) + 100 (OBC) + 100 (General)|
|6.||States coming under the North Zone||Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand|
|7.||States coming under the West Zone||Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu|
|8.||States coming under the North-East Zone||Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland|
|9.||States coming under East Zone||Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand|
|10.||States coming under South Zone||Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep|
- The students belonging to OBC, SC/ ST, and economically weaker sections of general categories can apply to the ONGC scholarship.
- The candidates should be Indian citizens.
- They should belong to the OBC, SC/ ST, or general category.
- They should be pursuing their first year of BE [Bachelor of Engineering], MBBS [Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery], MBA [Master of Business Administration], or master in geology/geophysics.
- The candidates should be pursuing regular full-time courses.
- The AICTE, MIC, UGC, AIU, state educational boards, state government, and central government should approve the institutions.
- He/ She should secure a minimum score of 60% in the Class XII board exams.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum of 6.0 out of 10 points in GPA/CGPA.
- They should not be over 30 years of age.
- The family income should not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum for students belonging to the OBC and general categories.
- The family income should not exceed INR 4,50,000 per annum, INR 37,500 per month, for students belonging to the SC/ ST category.
- The students, who intend to apply for the ONGC scholarship should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or financial assistance.
Rewards Of this scholarship
- Selected students will receive INR 4,000 per month, that is INR 48,000 per annum.
- The ONGC Foundation reserves 50% of the total scholarship seats for female students.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Age proof (birth certificate/ class 10th mark sheet)
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Annual family income certificate (in English/Hindi language)
- Bank details (in the prescribed format)
- Copy of the PAN card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of undertaking
How To Apply
Step 1: Visit the official page of the ONGC scholarship.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Scholarship’ button to start the application.
Step 4: Upload all supporting documents along with the completed application duly certified as well as forwarded by the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institute/College and submit.
Step 5: Also, a hard copy of the same should reach the designated ONGC office of your respective zone. (Note: The zone from where you can apply is decided based on the location of your college/institute/university of the qualifying examination, not on the basis of your domicile). Refer to the address of designated zone offices in the table below to send the completed applications.
You can know more about ONGC Scholarship from this official website
Zone-Wise Address for Application Submission
|1.||North Zone||Chief Manager (HR),Reservation Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan,Dehradun – 248003|
|2.||West Zone||GM (HR),ONGC, NBP Green Heights, Plot No. C-69, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E),Mumbai – 400051|
|3.||North-East Zone||Incharge HR/ER,SVS, ONGC, Assam Asset, Central Workshop, 2nd Floor, B.G. Road,Sivasagar – 785640, Assam|
|4.||East Zone||Incharge HR/ER,MBA Basin, ONGC, 50 – J.L. Nehru Road,Kolkata – 700071|
|5.||South Zone||Incharge HR/ER,ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA Tower – I, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore,Chennai – 600008|