The Odisha Sahaya Scheme is a remarkable government initiative aimed at helping beggars and their children access education. This program provides financial support to ensure that young beggars and the children of beggars have the opportunity to pursue their education and build a brighter future.
Overview: The Odisha Sahaya Scheme, under the SSEPD Department, stands for inclusion and empowerment. It’s all about making sure that even the most disadvantaged in society can access education. Here’s a breakdown of what the scheme offers:
- Giving money to beggar children and children of beggars so they can go to school.
- To Create a society where beggars have the same rights and chances as everyone else.
To get help from the Odisha Sahaya Scheme, you need to:
- Live in Odisha.
- Be a beggar or a child of a beggar.
- Go to a school that the government knows about.
- Have a family that doesn’t earn more than Rs. 2,40,000 a year.
- Not get money from any other government program.
Full Details Of Odisha Sahaya Scheme
|Scheme Name||Odisha Sahaya Scheme|
|Objective||to Provide education support for beggars and children|
|Eligibility Criteria||Resident of Odisha, Beggars or children of beggars, Enrolled in recognized school, Family income below Rs. 2,40,000 per year, Not receiving assistance from other government programs|
|Benefits||Pre-Matric (Std. V to X): ₹800/month, Post-Matric (Std. XI–XII): ₹1,000/month, General Graduate/Post Graduate Courses: ₹1,500/month, Professional Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates: ₹2,000/month|
|Application Process||Apply through school, School head’s endorsement, Review and approval by District Social Security Officer (DSSO), Direct deposit of funds|
|Required Documents||Aadhaar Card, Caste Certificates, Bonafide Certificate, Income Certificate, Previous Year’s Marksheet, Bank Account Details, Passport Size Photographs, Domicile Certificate|
|Utilization of Funds||Funds provided for the academic year, unused balances may carry over|
|Implementing Department||Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) Department, Government of Odisha|
|Overview||Empower beggars and their children through education|
Here’s what you can get from this scheme:
- If you’re in classes V to X, you get Rs. 800 every month.
- For classes XI and XII, it’s Rs. 1,000 every month.
- If you’re in college, you can get Rs. 1,500 per month.
- And if you’re studying for a professional job, you can get Rs. 2,000 every month.
To apply for the scheme, you’ll need these documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Caste Certificates
- Bonafide Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Previous Year’s Marksheet
- Bank Account Details
- Passport Size Photographs
- Domicile Certificate
How to Apply
To get this help, follow these simple steps:
- Fill out a form (Annexure B) provided by your school after admission.
- Your school’s head will check the form and recommend it to the District Social Security Officer (DSSO).
- The DSSO will review and approve the applications according to the rules.
- Once approved, the money will be sent directly to your bank account.
The Odisha Sahaya Scheme is here to support beggar families in Odisha, ensuring that they have the opportunity to receive an education and work towards a better future.