The Odisha Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana (NSPGY) is a significant initiative by the state government to address the housing needs of rural building and construction workers. This scheme aims to offer sturdy and durable houses to those who are registered with the Odisha Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (OB&OCWWB) and lack their own pucca houses.
Full Overview: The NSPGY is designed to uplift the living conditions of construction workers by providing them with secure and comfortable housing. Recognizing the pivotal role these workers play in constructing individual and community assets, this scheme focuses on ensuring that they have access to safe and durable housing.
- Providing pucca houses to building and construction workers in rural areas registered under the Odisha Building Workers’ Welfare Board.
- Making sure that the houses built are strong enough to endure everyday use and different weather conditions.
Full Details Of Odisha Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
|Scheme Name||Odisha Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana|
|Launch by||State Government of Odisha|
|Objective||Provide solid housing to registered construction workers in rural areas|
|Beneficiaries||Building and construction workers registered under OB&OCWWB|
|Type of Housing||Pucca (solid and permanent) houses|
|Sanction Preference||In the name of the woman head of the household|
|House Specifications||Minimum carpet area of 25 sq. meters, RCC or approved material roof|
|Completion Time||Usually within 12 months from the 1st installment|
|Incentives||₹1,20,000/- for Non-IAP districts, ₹1,30,000/- for IAP districts|
|Application Process||Online registration through the official portal|
|Selection Process||Verification of registration and eligibility|
To be eligible for the NSPGY, applicants need to follow the criteria:
- Must Be permanent residents of Odisha.
- Not possess a pucca house.
- Have engaged in building or other construction work for a minimum of 90 days in the preceding 12 months.
- Be between 18 and 60 years of age.
- Not be engaged in construction work governed by the Factories Act, 1948, or the Mines Act, 1952.
- Not be beneficiaries of any other Welfare Fund established under law.
- Be registered with the Odisha Building & Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board.
- Construction cost: ₹1,20,000/- for Non-IAP districts, ₹1,30,000/- for IAP districts.
- Wage component: 90 person days (Non-IAP) and 95 person days (IAP) under MGNREGS.
- ₹12,000 for IHHL under MGNREGS/SBM(G).
- Convergence for potable water supply, electrification, land development wages, and social security.
- Incentives for early completion of houses:
- ₹20,000 for completion within 4 months.
- ₹10,000 for completion within 6 months.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Ration Card
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Proof of age
- Bank details
How to Apply
- Online Registration: Applicants must register with the Odisha Building & Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board via the following link: https://nirmanshramik.odisha.gov.in/obocwwb/public/cwLogin
- Selection Process:
- The District Labour Officer (DLO) compiles a list of eligible workers.
- Scrutiny by Block Development Officer (BDO) to ensure eligibility.
- Field verification by Block functionaries.
- Eligible beneficiaries list is approved by the Block Level Selection Committee.
- The list is then sent to District Collector for approval and further processing.