The “Motorisation of Traditional Crafts” scheme, launched by the Department of Fisheries & Animal Resources Development, Government of Odisha, is aimed at enhancing the marine fish production in the state and improving the incomes of traditional fishermen by modernizing their non-motorized fishing crafts.
The Odisha government has a plan to help the fishing industry in Odisha. government want to help traditional fishermen who use small boats without engines. By adding engines to these boats, the fishermen can catch more fish and make more money. This plan will focus on seven areas near the ocean. The hope is that this will improve the lives of the fishermen and increase the amount of fish caught.
- Increasing marine fish production in Odisha.
- To Enhance the income and livelihoods of traditional fishermen through motorization.
To avail the benefits of the scheme, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a permanent resident of Odisha with valid identity and residential proof, including Aadhaar Card.
- Possess a bank account in their name within the state of Odisha.
- Engaged in traditional marine fishing activities.
- Not have received engine purchase subsidies from any government scheme in the last five years.
- Own a registered traditional non-motorized fishing boat or motorized fishing craft in Odisha.
- Hold valid ownership certificate, registration certificate, and fishing license for the boat/craft.
- Not have acquired a motorized boat through ownership transfer with subsidy assistance in the last five years.
- Unit cost and subsidy assistance as follows:
- Type of Engine: IBM/OBM
- HP of Engine: Up-to 100 HP
- Approximate Unit Cost (INR): 1,40,000
- Maximum Admissible Subsidy (General Category): 40% (56,000)
- Maximum Admissible Subsidy (SC/ST Category): 60% (84,000)
- Financial assistance limited to one unit per individual beneficiary.
- Back-ended subsidy on actual engine cost as per GST bills: 60% for SC/ST, 40% for General Category.
- Subsidy directly released to Aadhaar-linked Bank Account of beneficiary.
- Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar-linked Bank A/C No. with IFS Code (Photocopy)
- Residence proof
- Passport-size photographs
- Photo ID Card
- Caste Certificate
- Boat Registration Certificate or Up-to-date License Certificate
- Fishing License
How to Apply
- Contact Additional Fisheries Officers/DFO (B&T), Balugaon of the concerned coastal district to collect the application form.
- Fill mandatory fields, attach self-attested documents, and submit to designated authority.
- Additional Fisheries Officers/DFO (B&T), Balugaon verify the boat/craft and submit initial reports.
- Subsidy released to Aadhaar-linked Bank Account after proper verification of GST bills.
- Visit the official website: https://sugam.odisha.gov.in/website/home
- Click “Apply” and then “Register Now” to create an account.
- Fill mandatory details, receive login credentials.
- Visit “Scheme & Services,” select the scheme.
- Login and complete the application, upload required documents.
- Receive Application Reference ID and track status on ‘Track Status’ page.
- SMS alerts provided for application updates.