About The Odisha Junior Merit Scholarships for Class 11 to 12
The Government of Odisha, through the School & Mass Education Department, has initiated the “Junior Merit Scholarship” under the ‘e-medhabruti’ Scheme. This program is designed to offer financial support to exceptional Higher Secondary School students in Odisha pursuing their Class XI and XII studies. The scholarship aims to alleviate a portion of their educational expenses during their pursuit of higher education.
The Junior Merit Scholarship is a state-funded initiative that targets meritorious students in Odisha enrolled in Class XI and XII at Higher Secondary Schools within the state. The scholarship is granted based on specific merit criteria and aims to recognize and reward outstanding academic achievements.
The key objectives of the Odisha Junior Merit Scholarships include:
- Providing financial assistance to Higher Secondary School students pursuing Class XI and XII.
- Recognizing and encouraging academic excellence among students.
- Easing the financial burden on deserving students by offering a monetary grant.
Full Details Of Junior Merit Scholarship
|Name of Scheme||Junior Merit Scholarship|
|Announcement||Govt of Odisha|
|Implementation||Updated On 2023|
|Objectives||Support Meritorious Students pursuing Class XI & XII|
|Incentive||Rs 3000/- per year|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Odisha pursuing Class XI & XII|
|Eligibility||Permanent residents of Odisha with 60% or more in HSC|
|Application Start||1st year of the course (Class XI)|
|Application Process||Online through State Scholarship Portal|
|Renewal||Renewable for entire Class XI & XII|
|Merit Selection||Based on descending order of marks|
|Scholarship Type||Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode|
|Exclusions||Distance learning, other scholarships, studying abroad|
|Official Website||State Scholarship Portal|
To be eligible for the Junior Merit Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The student must have secured 60% or more marks in the HSC examination from a recognized institution (BSE Odisha, CBSE, ICSE, or Equivalent Boards).
- The annual income of the student’s parents from all sources should not exceed ₹6.00 lakh.
- The student must be pursuing regular Class XI courses of 10+2.
- Students from General, SC, ST, OBC/SEBC, and EBC categories are eligible to apply.
Selected students pursuing Class XI and XII at Higher Secondary Schools in Odisha will receive the following benefits:
- A scholarship amount of ₹3000 per year.
- The scholarships will be awarded to 10,000 students in a 50:50 ratio between boys and girls.
Applicants must provide the following documents during the application process:
- Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of annual income issued by a competent authority.
- Mark sheets and certificates of the last qualifying examination (HSC) from a recognized institution.
- Bank account details (account number and IFSC code).
- Higher Secondary School ID card or relevant school documentation.
- Aadhaar Card of the student.
- Passport-size photograph of the student.
How to Apply
Eligible students can apply for the Junior Merit Scholarship through the following steps:
- Visit the State Scholarship Portal: https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/website/student-registration
- Register using your Aadhaar number.
- Receive the user ID and password on your registered mobile or email.
- Log in to the portal using the provided credentials.
- Fill in all necessary details, including personal, academic, eligibility, and bank information.
- Save the form as a draft or proceed to submit it.
- Preview the completed form and download it for future reference.
- Ensure that your application is authenticated by the Higher Secondary School/Institute.
Renewal and Duration
The scholarship is renewable for the entire duration of the course (Class XI to XII) based on the student’s continuation in Class XII and successful online validation by the institute.
Cancellation of Scholarship
The scholarship can be canceled if a student is found to have obtained it through false statements or fabricated documents. It can also be discontinued if the student discontinues their studies.
The Junior Merit Scholarships for Class 11 to 12 in Odisha aim to support academically talented students by offering financial assistance, fostering educational growth, and encouraging a pursuit of excellence. Eligible students are encouraged to apply through the State Scholarship Portal following the specified guidelines to avail themselves of this valuable opportunity.