The Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana is a welfare scheme initiated by the Odisha Government to provide financial assistance to weavers in the state. Odisha is renowned for its handloom products, particularly the intricate IKAT designs, which are deeply rooted in the state’s cultural heritage. This scheme aims to support the weaver community and uphold the tradition of handloom weaving amidst modernization. through this scheme the odisha govt will provide a monthly pension of 500 to 700 according to the eligibility criteria of weavers
- Enhancing the financial well-being of weavers, especially those who have dedicated more than 20 years to this profession.
- To Support weavers in their later years, recognizing their valuable contribution to the handloom industry.
- Preserving the art of handloom weaving and the knowledge that has been handed down from one generation to another.
- To Provide a reliable source of monthly income to weavers in their retirement years.
Full Details Of Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana
|Scheme Name||Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana|
|Announcement||Government of Odisha|
|Implementation||Updated as of 2023|
|Objectives||To Provide financial assistance to aged weavers and ancillary workers in Odisha to improve their financial well-being and preserve the state’s handloom heritage|
|Incentive||Rs 500/- per month for ages 60 to 79, Rs 700/- per month for ages 80 and above|
|Beneficiaries||Weavers and ancillary workers aged 60 and above in Odisha|
|Application Starts||Always open|
|Application Process||Offline registration|
To be eligible for the Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana:
- Applicants must be aged 60 years and above.
- Applicants should have worked for at least 20 years in the weaving profession before turning 60, or be the spouse/widow of a weaver with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000 per annum.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Odisha.
- Both weavers and full-time ancillary workers must possess valid weaver’s identity cards issued by the State or Central Government.
- Applicants should not be receiving any other monthly financial assistance or pension from the State or Central Government.
- Applicants should not have a criminal offense conviction unless waived by the Government based on the circumstances.
The scheme provides the following benefits based on age:
- Rs. 500 per month for individuals aged 60 to 79 years.
- Rs. 700 per month for individuals aged 80 years and above.
Applicants need to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Three identical self-attested passport-size color photographs.
- Self-attested copy of the Weavers Identity Card.
- Copy of the 1st page of the individual Savings Bank Pass Book showing essential details.
- Certificate of total annual family income from the concerned Tahasildar.
- Proof of age (Electoral Photo Identity Card, AADHAAR Card, High School Certificate, or Birth Registration Certificate).
- Affidavit confirming non-receipt of financial assistance from the State or Central Government.
How to Apply
The application process involves the following steps:
- Obtain the application form from the Zonal Office of the Directorate of Textiles or the website of the Department of Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts.
- Fill the form correctly in duplicate and submit it along with the required documents to the Zonal Officer.
- Zonal Officer prioritizes applications based on receipt date and maintains a register.
- Beneficiaries’ list and guidelines are displayed on the Department’s website and Zonal Officer’s office.
- Funds are disbursed through NEFT/RTGS transfer by the 20th of each month.