About National Social Assistance Programme(NSAP)
The National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) is a welfare program being administered by the Ministry of Rural Development. This program has been implemented in rural areas as well as urban areas for provides financial assistance to the elderly, widows, and persons with disabilities in the form of social pensions. These are intended to secure for the citizens’ adequate means of livelihood
Purpose Of This Scheme
- The main objective of this project is to provide assistance to the elderly, widows, persons with disabilities and bereaved families who have lost their main breadwinner
Sub Scheme Under NSAP
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (GDPS)
- National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS)
- Annapurna Scheme
Full Overview of the National Social Assistance Programme(NSAP) Scheme
|Name of Scheme||National Social Assistance Programme(NSAP)|
|Launched by||Ministry of Rural Development to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Implementation||15th August 1995|
|Objectives||To Provide Financial Assistance For the good life of the elderly, widows, disabled persons, and families, who have lost their earning members|
IGNWPS/IGNDPS- Rs 300/-
NFBS- Rs 20000/- ( One Time Grant)
|Beneficiaries’||Old Aged / Widow / Persons with Disabilities /Families, who have lost their earning members( NFBS )|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
- Must be above 60 years of age (Applicable for Male & Females Both)
- Applicant Must Be In Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- The Applicant is Eligible Only if he/She Does not have a regular income source.
- At the time of death, the main bread-winner age was between 18 and 60 years
IGNOAPS: – All eligible senior citizens above 60 years of age will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 200 and persons of 80 years of age or above will be given a monthly pension of Rs 500 (Depend On State )
IGNWPS – All widows will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 300 And all elderly widows above 80 years of age will be given a monthly allowance of Rs 500 (Depend On State ).
IGNDPS – A monthly allowance of Rs 300 will be given to all persons with disabilities below 60 years of age and a monthly allowance of Rs 500 will be given to all persons with disabilities above 80 years of age (Depend On State ).
NFBS – Families who have lost their main breadwinner will be given one-time assistance of Rs 20,000. A woman in the family, who is a housewife, is also considered a ‘bread-earner for this purpose.
Annapurna Yojana: Every Eligible family will get 10 kg of rice each month
The applicant has to provide a copy of the following documents at the time of application
- Passport Size Photo
- Birth Certificate or Age Proof
- Identity Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account passbook
- Income Certificate
- BPL Card
How to apply
Eligible people can apply for the Indira Gandhi National Aging Pension by following the steps listed below.
- One can download UMANG App or visit website
- The citizen can log in using mobile number and OTP.
- Once logged In, citizens can search for NSAP.
- Click on “Apply Online” Fill the basic details, choose the mode of payment of pension, upload photo and click on “Submit”.
Note: There are different procedures and official websites for applying online for different states.
- To apply immediately in rural areas, visit your welfare department, and in urban areas, visit the social welfare officer in your area.
- And collect a form of the application of the sub-scheme you want to apply for, from that office
- Fill in all the information in the application form – state, county, and collector details, Panchayat village name, Birth certificate details, and more.
- Send the application form along with all documents to the relevant Tehsil Social Welfare Officers.
- An applicant from the metropolitan or urban area can submit the application directly to the relevant district welfare officer.
- The application Form will be examined by the Relative officers.
- The final process will be executed by the District Level Sanctions Committee (DLSC).