about the National Scheme Of Incentive To Girls For Secondary Education
The National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education promotes enrolment of girls in the age group of 14-18 years at the secondary level, who pass 8th standard and later drop out of school due to various socio-economic reasons. The proposed scheme aims to retain such girls till their 12th standard. In 2004-05, the dropout rate of girls from classes I to VIII was around 50.8%. In the same year, the dropout rate of girls from classes 1 to 10 was about 64%. This is a combined result of many socio-economic factors, but there is no doubt that the inability of parents to afford the education of the girl child is a major contributor.
objectives of this scheme
- To meet the financial need for higher studies of them by providing scholarships to the poor meritorious girl
- Motivating poor girl students for higher education by providing scholarships
- to overcome obstacles and empower the educational and career goals of the girl students
Full Overview Of the Saksham Scholarship Program
|Scholarships Name||National Scheme Of Incentive To Girls|
|Coverage area||all over India|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education central govt|
|Objective||Motivating meritorious girls for higher education|
|beneficiaries||meritorious girls students who have passed class 8th from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya|
|Scholarship Amount||₹3000/- fixed deposit|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Important Dates||always open/will be updated soon|
- The applicant should be a girl child.
- The applicant should be from Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe SC/ST
- The applicant should have passed class 8th from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (irrespective of whether they belong to Scheduled Castes or Tribes)
- The applicant should have enrolled for class 9th in State/UT Government, Government-aided, or local body schools in the academic year 2008-09 onwards.
- Married girls will be excluded from the scheme.
- Girl children studying in private unaided schools are proposed to be excluded since a majority of such schools charge high fees and therefore, parents of such girl students may not require the financial assistance that is being offered under this scheme.
- Students enrolled in schools run by Central Government are also being excluded from the scheme, as these children are either fully provided for already, or are those of Central Government employees, who can afford the education of their children, without further support.
A sum of ₹3000/- (Rupees three thousand only) would be deposited under term deposit/ fixed deposit in a public sector bank or in a post office in the name of every eligible girl child. The term/ period of the deposit may be counted from the date of deposit to the date on which the girl child attains the age of 18 years. No premature withdrawal will be allowed.
1. Scanned copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card
2. Domicile Certificate
3. Income certificate of the parents or the legal guardian (issued by the respective state government or UT administration authorities)
4. Class 10th scorecard of the applicant
5. Certificate from the school head or the principal mentioning two-year continuation after her enrolment to Class 9th
6. Fees receipts of the current class
7. Bank account proof of the applicant’s existing account or joint account with any one of her parents
8. Disability certificate (if applicable)
how to apply
- first, go to the main website of this scholarship for application, of which link we have provided below
- after that, the homepage of this scholarship will appear in front of you
- now you need to click on ‘New Registration” as shown in the image below
- Guidelines for Registration will appear. Scroll to the bottom.
- Read carefully the undertaking. Accept the Terms. Click “Continue”.
- A Registration Form will appear. (The fields marked as * are compulsory)
- Fill in the details and click “Register”.
- Your Application ID and password will be displayed.
- the same will also be sent as an SMS to your registered mobile number
- Go to https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
- Click on “Login to Apply”. Enter your Application ID and password.
- Type the Captcha and click “Login”.
- On the next screen, provide the OTP received on your registered mobile number. You will be directed to the Password Reset screen.
- Create a new password and confirm.
- Click “Submit”. You will be directed to the “Applicant’s Dashboard”.
- On the left pane, click “Application Form”. The fields marked as * are compulsory. Fill in the details and upload the documents.
- You can either click on “Save as Draft” to complete the application later.
- Else, click “Final Submit” to submit the application.