About NMMSE Examination
The Central Sector Scheme ‘National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship ‘ was launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, India, in May 2008, with the objective of preventing meritorious students from economically weaker sections from the possibility of dropping out of school in class VIII(A report found that most of the poor students in India leave their school in class 8 or 9), and encouraging them to pursue higher education by providing scholarships.
Under this scheme, selected students of class IX are awarded a scholarship of Rs 12000/- per year and their continuity/renewal is ensured from class X to XII to study in schools of state government, government-aided, and local bodies. There is a separate quota of scholarships for each State/UT.
After evaluation by EFC, with the approval of the Hon’ble HRD Minister and Hon’ble Finance Minister, the scholarship amount has been increased from 6000/- to 12000/- per annum with effect from 1st April 2017.
The objective of this scheme
- Motivating Students For Higher Education
- To reduce incomplete school dropout rates among students
- To identify poor meritorious students and to increase their enthusiasm for studies through scholarships
Full overview of the NMMSE Scholarship Examination
|Exam Level||Stage-I: State level|
Stage II: National level
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Application||Online /Offline|
|Eligibility||The student should be pursuing Class VIII|
|Exam Mode||Offline-Pen and paper-based|
|Exam Duration||MAT – 90 MCQs of 90 Minutes|
SAT – 90 MCQs of 90 Minutes
|Language||Stage-I: English or any regional language as opted by the candidate.|
Imporetant Dates (*WE ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE DATES, Please check the dates from the official website of NMMSE Of your respective state)
|State||Last Date to apply (Tentative)||Application Mode|
|NMMS Assam||27 Nov 2022||Online|
|NMMS JK Form||20 Oct 2022||Offline (Through schools)|
|NMMS Odisha Form||01 Oct 2022 to 22 Oct 2022||Online|
|NMMS Bihar||06 Nov 2022||Online|
|NMMS Gujarat Form||5th Nov 2022||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS AP Form||31 Oct 2022||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Punjab||23 Sep 2022||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Karnataka||25 Oct 2022||Offline|
|NMMS Maharashtra||April 2023||Online|
|NMMS West Bengal||23 Sep 2022||Online|
|NMMS Telangana||As per BSE Telangana||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Himachal Pradesh||February 2022(As per HP SCERT)(released soon)||Online|
|NMMS Jharkhand Form||February 2022 (released soon)||Online|
|NMMS Haryana Form||04 Oct 2022||Online|
|NMMS Goa Form||(As per SCERT Goa)(released soon)||Through schools (Offline)|
|NMMS Chhattisgarh Form||13 Sep 2022||Through schools|
|NMMS Uttarakhand Form||17 Sep 2022||Through schools (Offline)|
|NMMS Uttarpradesh Form||(released soon)|
Chart for Important Dates of NMMSE 2023 WILL BE RELEASED SOON
NTSE Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who wish to apply for this MMSE scholarship must be regular students studying in class 9 after getting clear promotion from class 8 with a score of at least 55% or equivalent grades.
- The candidates must be pursuing education from Government/Local Body/Government-aided schools.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
- For continuing the scholarship in class 12, the scholarship awardee must get clear promotion from class 11 in the first attempt itself with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. For students belonging to SC/ST category, a relaxation of 5% is given in marks.
- The candidates’ annual family income should not be more than INR 1.5 Lakh.
- Also, those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik schools, and private schools are not eligible for this MMSE scholarship.
Prize And Other benefits
- The students of class 9 receive a scholarship amount in one go, i.e. INR 12,000 per annum, for an academic year.
- The scholarship is renewed every year till the student completes his/her Higher Secondary level of education (Class 12), provided the candidate gets clear promotion into a higher class every year.
All the required documents for applying will be informed by the applicant respective school
How to apply
The school authorities are given the responsibility by the State Government to implement this scheme so that you can contact your teacher or the Headmaster to implement this scheme.
However, we have provided the state-wise official website link of NMMSE Scholarship, below for your convenience. You can click on the link to know all about this scholarship.
|Name of State||Check NMMS Merit List 2022|
|NMMS West Bengal||Click Here|
|Kerala NMMS||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh NMMS||Click Here|
|Karnataka NMMS||Click Here|
|Bihar NMMS||Click Here|
|NMMS Puducherry||Click Here|
|NMMS Telangana||Click Here|
|NMMS Tripura||Click Here|
|NMMS Gujarat||Click Here|
|Goa NMMS||Click Here|
|Mizoram NMMS||Click Here|
|NMMS Nagaland||Click Here|
|NMMS Odisha||Click Here|
|NMMS Punjab||Click Here|
|NMMS Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh NMMS||Click Here|
|NMMS Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Also, for your convenience, we will provide you with NMMS scholarship information in your own state list on our state wise scholarship portal.