About MAMTA Scheme
The Goa state government has started this scheme to increase the birth rate of girls in the state of Goa, through this scheme, if a mother gave birth to a girl child in a registered medical institution, then the state government will reward that mother by the financial assistance of rs 10000 in two installments this scheme will ensure increasing girl child birth rate in goa state .
Objectives of this scheme
- promoting to increase girl childbirth rate in Goa state
- To reduce girl-child mortality in the state of Goa
- improving the female Child Sex ratio in the State
- To change the attitude of the society towards the birth of a girl child
Full Overview Of MAMTA Scheme
|Name Of Scheme||Goa MAMTA Scheme|
|Launched By||Goa State government (WECD Department)|
|Objectives||To increase the girl birth rate in the state|
|Beneficiaries||Those Mothers who gave birth to a girl child|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
- All mothers who deliver a live girl Child (maximum 02 deliveries) in the registered medical institution.
- The Scheme is available to all irrespective of their social/economical status.
- The mother should be a resident of Goa for at least three years or married to a resident of Goa (document to that effect to be submitted).
Benefits Of This Scheme
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries (mothers) will be paid Rs 10000/- as a one-time financial incentive through Electronic Clearing System (ECS)/ National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) / Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS) / Automated Clearing House (ACH) at the time of birth of a living girl child.
- Beneficiaries who have been paid the first installment of Rs 5000/- under the existing scheme shall be eligible only for a balanced amount of Rs 5000/- (second installment) of Rs 5000/- (eligible to apply within 45 days from the date of the revised scheme published in the Official Gazette).
- III. Those who had applied for the first installment of Rs 5000/- as on the date of this revised scheme published in the Official Gazette shall be eligible for Rs 10,000/- as per the revised scheme.
- Iv. The beneficiaries to whom both the 1st and 2nd installments have been paid shall not be eligible for any further incentive/benefit under the revised scheme and the case shall be considered closed.
- Residential proof issued by mamlatdar
- Birth Proof of Girl Child &age certificate
- Identity proof of parents
- Aadhar card
- mobile number
- passport size photo etc.
How To Apply
The eligible mothers, who deliver a girl child Can apply for this scheme to the Child Development Project Officer through the Anganwadi Worker along with a copy of the Birth report/Birth Certificate of her daughter and relevant documents in the prescribed form, attached to the Scheme within 45 days of the delivery of the Girl Child.