Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP), also known as the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Project, is a government initiative in India that aims to empower women farmers and improve their participation in the agricultural sector.
Under the MKSP, various activities are undertaken, including training and capacity building of women farmers, providing technical assistance and support, promoting the use of modern technologies and sustainable farming practices, and supporting the establishment of demonstration plots and women-led self-help groups. The scheme also provides financial assistance to women farmers for the purchase of inputs and equipment, as well as for the development of their own farms.
The MKSP is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in collaboration with state governments and other stakeholders. It targets small and marginal women farmers, as well as those from disadvantaged communities, and aims to increase their incomes and improve their livelihoods through agriculture.
Objective Of This Scheme
To improve the economic status of women farmers by increasing their access to land, and other resources.
To promote adoption of modern technology and best practices in agriculture by women farmers.
To increase the productivity and profitability of women farmers through improved agricultural practices.
To enhance the skills and knowledge of women farmers through training and capacity building programmes.
Encouraging participation of women farmers in decision-making processes within their families and communities.
To promote inclusion and empowerment of women in agriculture sector through awareness campaigns and policy interventions.
The Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) Scheme is a government initiative in India that aims to empower women farmers and promote the development of horticulture in the country. The following are the eligibility points for this scheme:
- The applicant should be a woman farmer aged 18 years or above.
- The applicant should be a small or marginal farmer, as defined by the government, with a landholding of less than 2 hectares.
- The applicant should be a resident of the state in which she is applying for the scheme.
- The applicant should not have received any other financial assistance from the government for horticultural activities.
- The applicant should be willing to participate in training and capacity-building programs organized under the scheme.
- The applicant should have a genuine interest in horticultural farming and be willing to adopt modern technologies and best practices.
- The Corporation in collaboration with NSFDC can provide loan for various economic development schemes having unit cost upto Rs 50,000/-.
- Margin money – The Corporation provides margin money @ 10% of the project cost.
- Subsidy – As per the latest instruction of govt. of india, the corporation (HSFDC) provide subsidy @ 50% (maximum amount of subsidy is Rs 10,000/- of the total project cost.
- The following documents are required for the Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) Scheme:
- Identity proof: A valid identity proof such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, or voter ID card is required.
- Residence proof: A proof of residence such as a ration card, electricity bill, or bank passbook is required.
- Land ownership documents: Proof of ownership of the land on which horticultural crops will be grown is required.
- Agricultural land records: Records of agricultural land, such as a patta or khasra, are required.
- Land survey map: A land survey map showing the location of the plot is required.
- Project proposal: A detailed project proposal outlining the horticultural activities to be undertaken, the budget, and the expected outcomes is required.
- Bank details: Bank account details and a cancelled cheque are required for the disbursement of funds.
- Other documents: Depending on the specific requirements of the scheme, other documents may be required, such as certificates of training or technical assistance
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for the MKSP Scheme, here is the process you need to follow:
- Check eligibility: The MKSP Scheme is open to small and marginal farmers, as well as women and youth. You must also be a resident of the state where you are applying for the scheme.
- Get application form: You can obtain the application form from the District Horticulture Office or the Department of Agriculture in your state. You can also download the form from the official website of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Fill in the application form: Make sure to fill in the form accurately and provide all the necessary documents, including proof of identity, proof of residence, and proof of ownership of land.
- Submit the application form: Once you have completed the form, submit it along with the required documents to the District Horticulture Office or the Department of Agriculture in your state.
- Wait for approval: Your application will be reviewed by the authorities and, if approved, you will receive a notification stating the amount of financial assistance you are eligible for.
- Use the financial assistance: Once you receive the financial assistance, you can use it to purchase seedlings, irrigation systems, and other inputs required for horticultural farming. You can also use the assistance to set up a demonstration plot or nursery.