Mahila Adhikarita Yojana is a scheme in India that aims to empower safai karmchari women and provide them with access to various rights and entitlements. The specific details of the scheme, including the benefits and eligibility criteria, may vary from state to state. Some of the benefits that may be offered under the Mahila Adhikarita Yojana include financial assistance for education, healthcare, and skill development, legal aid and counselling, and access to government schemes and services. It is advisable to contact the relevant authorities in your state or district for more information about the Mahila Adhikarita Yojana and the benefits and services available under the scheme.
Objective Of This Scheme
- Promote gender equality: MAY aims to promote gender equality by providing women with equal opportunities and access to resources.
- Empower women: The scheme aims to empower women by providing them with access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities.
- Addressing issues faced by women: MAY seeks to address issues faced by women such as domestic violence, discrimination, and lack of access to justice.
- Enhance the status of women: The scheme aims to enhance the status of women in society by promoting their participation in decision-making processes and leadership roles.
- Improving the living of women: MAY aims to improve the well-being of women by providing them with access to healthcare, nutrition, and other essential services.
- Applicant should be Safai Karamchari/ their dependent.
- Permanent Safai Karamchari means a person engaged in, or employed for any sanitation work and includes his dependents.
- No Income limit.
- She should be in the age group of 18-55 years.
Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY) is a scheme implemented by the Government of India to empower women and promote gender equality. The scheme provides various benefits to women, including:
- Legal aid and counselling services: The scheme provides legal aid and counselling services to women in need.
- Financial assistance: The scheme provides financial assistance to women in the form of loans and grants to start small businesses and become financially independent.
- Education and training: The scheme provides education and training to women to enhance their skills and employability.
- Health care: The scheme provides access to quality health care services to women, including maternal and child health services.
- Protection from violence: The scheme provides protection to women from violence, including domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- Social security: The scheme provides social security benefits to women, including old-age pension and widow pension.
- Employment opportunities: The scheme creates employment opportunities for women through various initiatives, including the Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme.
- Margin money – The Corporation provides margin money @ 10% of the project cost.
- In collaboration with NSKFDC, the Corporation provide loan under MAY Scheme is Rs 2,00,000/-.
- The Corporation provides subsidy @50% of the project cost. The maximum amount of subsidy is Rs10,000/-. The subsidy is provided only to the beneficiary living below the poverty line.
- Identity/Citizenship Proof (Any one of the following):
• Aadhaar Card
- Parivar Pehchaan Patra
- Resident Proof/Address Proof/Ownership Proof (Any one of the following):
• Ration Card
- Safai Karamchari Certificate by competent Authority (i.e. School, Colleges, Forest Health, Education, Animal Husbandry having rank not less than Gazetted Officer), Elected Members of Municipal Body/Corporation and Pradhan of Gram Panchayats, Local Revenue Officer or an officer of Local Municipal office.
How To Apply
Application for this scheme can be made from Regional Rural Banks or Nationalised bank