About MGNREGS Scheme/Job Card
Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005 ( later renamed as the “Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act” or MGNREGA, it’s also called as Job Card), is an Indian Labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’. This act was passed on 23 August 2005 under the UPA government of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
The purpose of this law
- To Increase livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed employment to each family in a financial year whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual labor.
- Maintaining strong social security for vulnerable groups by providing a source of fall-back employment when other employment options are scarce or inadequate
- Modernization of farms for sustainable development of the agricultural economy.
- Through the process of providing employment in Works that address the causes of chronic poverty such as drought, deforestation and soil erosion, the law seeks to strengthen the natural resource base of rural livelihoods and create sustainable resources in rural areas. Effectively implemented, MGNREGA has the potential to transform the geography of poverty
- Empowerment of the rural poor through the process of rights-based legislation
Full Overview of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh|
|Objectives||providing at least 100 days of guaranteed employment to each Rural Family|
|Incentive||₹182- ₹202 (2020-21) |
(Salaries Depends On State)
|Beneficiaries||Rural unemployed people|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
|Application Process||Offline/online Registration|
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must be residing in a Rural Area.
- The applicant receives guaranteed employment within 15 days from the date of application.
- Work is to be provided within a radius of 5 kilometers of the applicant’s residence if possible, and in any case within the Block. If the applicant lives more than 5 km away from the worksite, he/she will be entitled to a travel and subsistence allowance (10% of the minimum wage).
- Wages are paid within a week, or fifteen days at most. Men and Women are paid equally.
- Shade, drinking water, and first-aid are provided at every worksite.
Exclusive measures for the promotion of the participation of the disabled persons:
- Identification of suitable works
- Mobilization of disabled persons by focussing on awareness and special provisions
- Specifically identified works for disabled persons in the case of large GPs
- Preference to appoint as mates and as workers for providing drinking water, to manage crèches, etc., at the worksites
- Adoption of tools and equipment/facilities at workplaces
- Treating persons with disabilities with respect
- Special drive to ensure 100 days of employment to such households
- Provide a special job card of a distinct color
Specific attention and provisions for Senior Citizens:
- Exclusive senior citizen groups may be formed and special works which require lesser physical effort are identified and allotted to these groups.
Specific attention and provisions for Internally Displaced Persons:
- A special job card to be provided will be valid till these families are displaced and will lose its validity as soon as they return to their original place of residence.
|Stakeholders under MGNREGA||Wage seekersGram Sabha (GS)Three-tier Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs)Programme Officer at the Block levelDistrict Programme Coordinator (DPC)State GovernmentMinistry of Rural Development (MoRD)Civil SocietyOther stakeholders (In line departments, convergence departments, Self-Help Groups (SHGs)|
- Photograph of Applicant
- Name, Age, and Gender of all NREGA Job Card Applicants from the applicant’s household
- Name of Village, Gram Panchayat, Block
- Proof of Identity (Ration card, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar, PAN)
- Details of whether the applicant is a beneficiary of SC / ST / Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) / Land Reform (LR)
- Specimen Signature / Thumb impression
How To Apply
- Step 1: The application for registration can be given to the local gram panchayat on plain paper. A person may personally appear before the Panchayat Secretary or The Village Employment Assistant and make an oral request for registration, and in this case the necessary details shall be noted by the Village Employment Assistant or the Panchayat Secretary.
- The application for registration should contain the names of adult family members who are willing to do unskilled physical work. The application should contain details such as age, gender, SC/ST status, Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) number, Aadhaar number, Below Poverty Line (BPL) status and bank/post office account number (if any).
- Step 2: Gram Panchayat (GP) will verify the following details:
- Is the family really a unit as stated in the application?
- Whether the applicant’s family is a local resident of the concerned gram panchayat.
- Whether the applicants are adult members of the family.
The verification process will be completed as soon as possible or in any case within a fortnight of receipt of the application by the Gram Panchayat.
Step 3: All the details of the family found eligible after verification will be given to the Panchayat Secretary or Village Employment Assistant (GRS) or a person duly authorized by the State Government. (NREGA Soft) will be recorded.
Step 4: If a family is found eligible for registration, the gram panchayat will, within a fortnight of the application, issue a job card to the family. The job card should be handed over to one of the applicant’s family members in the presence of some other residents of the gram panchayat. The format of the job card is given in Annexure-5 of the Scheme Guidelines.
The detailed format of the application for registration is given in Annexure-3 of the Planning Guidelines.
*Registrations will be done throughout the year at the Gram Panchayat (GP) office.
*Application for registration must be made by any adult member on behalf of the family.
Online – Via CSC
Individuals should also be given the option to make registration to apply for registration at other touch points such as Community Service Centre (CSC). The CSC operator will fill in the details in the application form and forward the filled application form to the concerned GP for necessary action. State Government will issue necessary enabling orders in this regard.
Check Your Application Status
How To Check Job Card list (according to your state, panchayet,)?
- Click The Link below now follow the steps as shown in image
- Then Select Your State
- Now input your district, block and gram Panchayet and other details in the official webpage
- now you can find your name in the list if it is available
|Check job card lists||https://nrega.nic.in/netnrega/home.aspx|