About Ladli Beti Scheme
A social assistance scheme sponsored by the Jammu & Kashmir Government for newborn girl child of the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh born on or after 01/04/2015. The objective of the scheme is to arrest the declining female sex ratio. The scheme further intends to ensure that the girl child does not become a burden for the parent or guardian at the time of her marriage. The scheme is a hybrid deposit plan having two phases:
Phase I: A recurring deposit for 14 years having a date of completion as one month after the last installment received in the account.
Phase II: A Cumulative Term Deposit (CCR) for 7 years.
Objective Of This Scheme
- to arrest the declining female sex ratio
- to ensure that the girl child does not become a burden for the parent or guardian at the time of her marriage
- The girl child should have born on or after 01/04/2015.
- The annual income of the parents of the girl child from all sources should be less than ₹75,000.
- The girl child and her family should be residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
Benefits & Features:
- A recurring deposit account under this scheme shall be opened by the natural or legal guardian of the girl child.
- A contribution of Rs 1000/- per month will be made by J&K Government from the birth of the girl child/account opening date for the next 14 years. (A total of Rs 168000/- only will be contributed by the UT.)
- No credits other than a monthly contribution of Rs 1000/- by the J&K Government is to be allowed in Phase I (RD Account)
- After the maturity of Phase I (recurring deposit account) the account will graduate to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No partial drawls or Foreclosure will be allowed under any circumstances during any phase.
- Maturity benefits under the scheme will be paid to the beneficiary on completion of 21 years of age or 21 years after the first installment or 85 months after the last installment whichever is later by crediting the savings bank account of the girl child. However, the girl child is at liberty to reinvest the amount in any deposit plan of the bank at card rates.
- The nomination facility will not be applicable in the scheme. In the unfortunate event of the death of the girl child, the account will be closed immediately and the balance amount along with interest accrued will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh;
- In the event of the death of the beneficiary, before she attains 21 years of age, the amount in the Recurring Deposit account / Term Deposit account shall be closed before maturity without pre-payment charges.
- The account opened at a particular branch may not be transferred to any other branch even if the girl child in whose name the account stands shifts to a place other than the city or locality where the account stands.
- The beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary shall produce a ‘life certificate of the beneficiary (girl child)’ certified by a gazetted officer or by the principal of the school/ college where she is enrolled before the concerned bank branch after every three years and at the time of maturity.
- As the scheme is aimed at households having an annual income of less than 75000/- The TDS shall not be deducted as long as the guardian/beneficiary furnishes form 15G/15H every year and has a valid PAN
- Duly filled and signed Application Form
- Sanction Letter from CDPO (Child Development Project Officer)
- Identity proof of the Parents or the Legal Guardians of the girl child (Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter Id Card, Driving License, etc.)
- Address proof of the Parents or the Legal Guardian of the girl child (Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, etc.)
- Domicile Certificate of the Parents
- Income Certificate of the Parents
- Birth Certificate of the Girl Child
- Recent Passport Size Photographs of the Girl Child
- Bank Account Details (the copy of the first page of the passbook of the bank account)
How To Apply
Online – Via CSC
- Visit the Official Portal of Jammu & Kashmir: https://www.jk.gov.in/jammukashmir/
- On the bottom of the Left Pane, head to “Go-Live Services“
- Click on “Click Here To Apply For Ladli Beti Scheme”. You will be directed to https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/home
- If you are a new user, click on “Citizen Registration”. You will be directed to https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/cznregistration
- Fill out the mandatory fields. Citizen Registration Form:
Citizen Registration Details:
- *Name of the Applicant
- *Name of Father/Husband/Guardian
- *Date of Birth
- *Photo of the Applicant (Applicants color Passport photograph. Size-5*4.5(cm) OR 2*1.75(inch) Image size should be between 30kb to 50kb)
Last Resided/Current Address/Permanent Address Details:
- *House Address
- *Mobile Number (+91)
- email ID
- *Login Id
- *Security Question & Answer
6. Your login credentials will be sent to your email.
7. Visit https://www.jk.gov.in/jkeservices/home and log in using your credentials.
8. Click on the Citizen Registration link. You will be directed to the CSC Digital Seva Connect page.
9. You can go to any nearest CSC, log in through CSC ID and then fill J&K Ladli Beti Scheme online application form.
Check Your Application Status
to check your application status you can log in “ladli beti application” through the portal or can to the nearest CSC service center