About Krishak Bandhu Scheme
West Bengal Is An Agrarian State. Agriculture Is The Main Source Of Economy Of The State. About 80 Per Cent Of The People In The State Depend On Agriculture For Their Livelihood. But All the farmers are facing a lot of difficulties in the farming Because of Most Of The Areas In The State Are Rain-Fed, Seasonally Unfavorable And on top The Cost Of Agricultural Equipment Had Also Increased, So The Agricultural Income Has Became Uncertain,But their hard work has remained same. So Farmers has started to leave their farming occupation and joined some other works (labour,factories labours etc)
So thinking Of those farmers, West Bengal State Government has launched this “Krishok Bandhu Scheme” to help the poor and vulnerable farmers of the state. Through this “Krishak Bandhu” Scheme, every eligible farmer of state will get an assistance of Rs 10,000 / – per Year For per acre cultivatable land so that farmers can use this money to increase crop productivity with quality seeds and machinery and other services. Every farmer will get this money before the season starts. So that there is no financial difficulty during sowing and harvesting.
The state government has presented a budget of Rs 3000 crore for this project.
Objective Of the Scheme
- To Provide financial assistance to the farmers of the state so that they do not have to face any difficulty in their farming due to the adverse weather conditions
- Increasing Crop Diversity And Productivity
- To Increase The Use Of High Quality Machinery In Agriculture.
- To Turn Agriculture Into A Profitable Business
- To give income protection to farming families in case of farmer’s untimely demise
Full Overview Of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of West Bengal, Mamata Banarjee|
|State Name||West Bengal|
|Implementation||1 January 2019|
17th June 2021 [“Krishak Bandhu (New)” scheme]
|Objectives||To do provide financial assistance to the farmers for the ease of cultivating agriculture|
|Incentive||Rs 1000 – 5000 /- (depend on farming land of each farmer)|
|Beneficiaries||West Bengal’s Farmers|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
- Beneficiaries under this scheme must be permanent residents of West Bengal
- The applicant must belong to the farming community of the state
- Applicant Farmer must have all the land releated document such as land Documents, records,searching copy etc.
All farmers with cultivable land including ROR, lease, or forest lease and those recorded in [ROR]
Bhagchasi (share-cropper), eligible for assistance under this scheme
Benefits of the scheme
Krishak Bandhu General Scheme
- Under this scheme all the beneficiary farmers will be paid a total of Rs.10,000 per acre per year, this 10000 rupees money will be given in two installments of Rs 5000, to the beneficiary
- A minimum of 4000 rupees will be provided to the small and marginal farmers , who have very less land
Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit) scheme,
- In Krishak Bandhu (Death Benefit) scheme, in the event of the death of a farmer between the age group of 18 – 60 years, Then the legal heirs of the deceased will be eligible for a one-time grant of Rs 200000
- The money will be credited to the account of the son or father of the family within 15 days after the death of the beneficiary.
- With this financial incentive provided by the government, the families of the farmers will become self-reliant so that they do not have to depend on others for their necessities.
Farmers registered in “Krishak Bandhu” scheme get preference in the State Government’s paddy procurement scheme implemented by the Food & Supplies Department. The State Government is planning to extend benefits of other farmer centric government schemes to the Krishak Bandhu registered farmers.
Required Documents for application
- Residential Certificate
- Voter card,
- Aadhaar card,
- Driving license(If present)
- PAN card,
- land documents with original records and searching copy
- Passport photo
- Bank account
How to apply For Krishak Bandhu Scheme
If you want to apply for the Krishak Bandhu Scheme , you can follow the simple steps given below: –
Online Application Method
- First of all go to the official website of “Krishak Bandhu Scheme” whose link we have mentioned below for your convenience
- After clicking on the link, the official home page of Krishak Bandhu project will open in front of you
- Now on the home page, you click on the “Agriculture section” option as shown in the image below
- Now you have to click on sign up option for the new application
- Now the official online form will come in front of you
- Now click on the farmer option as shown in below image
- Fill up the form well and get your registration ID
- then you can log in to the Krishak Budhu prakalpa website
Offline Application Method
- To apply offline for the Krishak Bandhu Scheme, you need to contact the office of the Assistant Director of Agriculture in your respective block.
This scheme also can apply for this project through the “Duare Sarkar” Camp
How to check Your Krishok Bandhu scheme application status
you can easily check your krishak Bandhu scheme application status by following the below details : –
- First, check out the official website of “Krishak Bandhu Scheme” of which link we already have mentioned above.
- On the web page, click on the tab named “Registered Farmer Information”.
- Now you input your voter number
- Now you can check the application status of your”Krishak Bandhu” project