About Kisan Suryoday Yojana
Hon’ble Prime Minister of our state, Shri Narendra Modi, has launched this Kisan Suryodaya Yojana in his home state Gujarat through which he will ensure irrigation facilities throughout the state of Gujarat, through this scheme, farmers will be able to get electricity from 5 am to 9 pm to run a motor pump for irrigation at a very low cost, this scheme will reduce the burden of additional electric bills on the farmers and the overall development of agriculture in the state of Gujarat will be achieved.
The Prime Minister presented a budget of Rs 3500 crore for the successful implementation of this project in Gujarat
Objective Of This Scheme
- Agricultural Capacity And Development Of The Agricultural Sector.
- Strengthening Agriculture And Farmers Economically
- Improve Irrigation System With Advanced Cultivation Technology
- Sophisticated Practical Farming
- Reducing The Burden Of Additional Electricity Bills From Farmers’ Heads
- The Farmer Has To Be A Permanent Resident Of Gujarat
- All Farmers In Gujarat Can Apply
- For This Farmers Should Have A Bank Account In Their Name.
- The government has fixed a time for irrigation when you have to irrigate, you cannot irrigate at any other time.
- The benefit of the scheme will be given district-wise to the farmers
Under Gujarat Kisan Suryodaya Yojana, 11.50 lakh electricity connections will be provided across the state. This project will connect every village in Gujarat and maintain access to electricity everywhere
Through Gujarat Kisan Suryoday Yojana the farmers of the state will be provided 3 phase electricity for irrigation during the day from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm, so that they can run big motor pumps in their fields for irrigation during the day, due to proper irrigation in the field, through this project there will be an overall increase in the crops and as a result, the income of the farmers will also increase.
Under this scheme, an electrical connection will be given to the farmers for only Rs10, and a separate fee will be charged per unit of electricity (will be less) used by the farmers.
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant
- identity card
- passport size photo
- mobile number
- land related documents
How To Apply
The government has not yet launched any official website to apply for this scheme but you can contact your concerned agriculture department/electric office to apply for this scheme.
(If any update is given by the government for this scheme application then we will inform you through this post)