About Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (Project)
The Kasturba Gandhi Girls’ School (KGBV) project was launched by the Government of India in August 2004 for the purpose of setting up residential schools in difficult areas for the upper primary level of SC, ST, OBC, and minority girls. The KGBV component of the SSA has implemented in the overall context of child rights &child education in accordance with the spirit and terms of the law. This project has been able to spread its education Medium to different parts of India.
Aim Of This Scheme
Gender inequality continues in rural areas and among disadvantaged communities. Looking at the education enrollment trends, there is a significant gap in enrollment of girls at the primary level compared to boys, especially at the upper primary level. The objective of the KGBV is to ensure quality education accessibility for the underprivileged sections of the society by setting up residential schools with boarding facilities at the primary level.
Objectives Of This Scheme
- Instilling a sense of education among parents of all children
- Highlighting important aspects of education
- Ensuring that students from poor familie can study without any difficulty.
- Ensuring greater participation of girls in education.
- Developing and promoting access to girls from disadvantaged groups like SCs and STs.
- Improving the quality of education
In addition to providing better quality education to improve the education system for girls, higher secondary schools, better hostels for girls to stay and more other facilities have been provided.