About JNNUMR Scheme
Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) is a massive urban modernization project launched by the Government of India under the Ministry of Urban Development. The project was officially inaugurated by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a program aimed at improving quality of life and infrastructure in cities it envisaged a total investment of more than $20 billion in seven years. Under the scheme, the sub-mission on urban infrastructure and governance conducted by the Ministry of Urban Development focuses on water supply and sanitation, solid waste management, road network, urban transport and redevelopment of old city areas.
Main Aim Of This Scheme
The aim is to encourage reforms and fast-track planned development of identified cities. Focus is to be on efficiency in urban infrastructure and service delivery mechanisms, community participation, and accountability of ULBs/ Parastatal agencies towards citizens
Full Overview Of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)
|Name Of Scheme||Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)|
|Launched By||Honourable Former Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh|
|Objectives||to encourage reforms and fast track planned development of identified cities|
|Benefits||The overall development of the cities of India|
|Beneficiaries||Various cities in India|
Objectives Of This Scheme
- To bring the people of India under the focus mission on infrastructural services in the context of integrated development.
- Enhancing the efficient and self-reliant capacity of cities according to the sector proving infrastructural services by securing connections between wealth creation and wealth management
- Focus on integrated development of infrastructure services in the cities under the mission
- Ensuring adequate funding to cover the shortfall in urban infrastructure services
- Scale-up delivery of civic amenities and utilities with an emphasis on universal access for the urban poor
Assistance under JNNURM
- Assistance for Capacity Building, City Development Plan (CDP), Detailed Project Reports(DPRs), Community Participation, Information, Education and Communication (IEC)
- Investment Support Component
- Enhancing Resource Availability
- Commercial Viability of Projects
- Bankability of Projects etc.