About Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana
The Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana 2021 is an ambitious government initiative in the state of Jharkhand aimed at providing clean and reliable drinking water to rural households. The scheme, being implemented by the Jharkhand Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Department, aims to establish piped water supply systems in rural areas, promote the use of water-efficient technologies and improve water quality to reduce water-borne diseases. With a budget of Rs 3,770.0 crore proposed for the financial year 2021-22, the scheme has been successful in meeting the water demand of the state and raising water levels.
In the state of Jharkhand, the plateau area is about 70 percent. Jharkhand receives an average of about 1,300 to 1,400 mm of rainfall every year, which dries up before the water level in the soil rises, so the Jharkhand state government plans to build better quality check dams to retain rainwater. And it will be used to make the irrigation system more improved and convenient in agriculture. As a result, some districts of Jharkhand like Latehar, Garhwa, and Palamur will be at least somewhat free from the water crisis.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
- Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana is a scheme aimed at providing safe and clean drinking water to every household in Jharkhand. The scheme intends to reduce the incidence of water-borne diseases and improve public health.
- The scheme also aims to increase the availability of water for irrigation and other agricultural purposes. It seeks to promote the efficient use of water resources and reduce water wastage.
- Another objective of the scheme is to improve the socio-economic conditions of people living in rural areas by providing access to clean drinking water. It also aims to promote the sustainable management of water resources in Jharkhand.
- Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana seeks to reduce the burden of water collection and fetching on women and children, particularly in rural areas. The scheme aims to improve the overall quality of life in Jharkhand by providing access to clean drinking water.
Full Overview Of Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana|
|Announcement||Govt of Jharkhand|
|Implementation||Updated on 2023|
|Objectives||To provide irrigation facilities to farmers in Jharkhand through water conservation and management|
|Incentive||Financial assistance for construction of water harvesting structures and other related activities|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers in Jharkhand|
|Eligibility Criteria||Financial assistance for the construction of water harvesting structures and other related activities|
|Benefits||Increased agricultural productivity, water conservation and management|
|Required Documents||Land documents, ID proof, bank account details|
|How to Apply||Offline application through designated government offices|
Eligibility of Beneficiary
- Applicant must be a resident of Jharkhand
- This scheme will allow only those employees who do not have any employment to apply
- Only people from rural areas can join
- People from SC, ST and BPL families are eligible to apply.
- Small and marginal farmers can also apply.
- After the launch of this project, many unemployed workers in the village have found a way to earn a living.
- Under this project, there are plans to build boulder check dams in small villages at the foot of hills and in hundreds of villages in Jharkhand. These help to regulate the free flow of rainwater and raise the groundwater level.
- Farmers living in rural areas will get a improved irrigation system.
- The people of all the districts of the state who are facing water problems will be free from the problem of perpetual water.
- The work to be done for water conservation under this project includes the use of groundwater, conservation of rainwater, storage of agricultural water, and proper use of groundwater, For this work, a large number of rural workers will be employed. Jharkhand govt will pay a good salary to them.
- By launching this project, the state government has planned to ensure the employment of 5-6 lakh migrant workers coming from other states as well as many more workers for the next 5 years.
- Through this project, The Jharkhand government has decided to increase water conservation by about 5 lakh crore liters per year
Salient Features of Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana
The salient features of this scheme are:
- Estimatedly, 5 lakh crore litre water will be conserved in the entire state.
- All the citizens of the state will be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- Small and marginal farmers will also be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
To apply for the Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana, the following documents must be submitted:
- Identity proof, such as Aadhar card, voter ID card, or passport.
- Proof of residence, such as a utility bill or a lease agreement.
- income certificate
- farmland papers
- passport size photo
- mobile number pan card
The Jharkhand Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samridhi Yojana is targeted at households in rural areas that do not have access to clean drinking water. Eligibility for the scheme is determined based on the annual income of the household. Interested households can apply for the scheme through the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation or through the local panchayat office.
The application for this project will be made according to each village