About Jharkhand Didi Bagia Yojana
The Jharkhand government has launched a new project called “Jharkhand Didi Bagia Yojana” for women’s empowerment in the state. This is the first such initiative by the state government with the aims of making women self-reliant and providing them guaranteed employment through the creation of nursery entrepreneurs in the state. This will be done in rural areas of the state by the proper training of the Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) under Didi Bagia Yojana.
The saplings produced by these self-help groups will meet the requirements of various tree planting projects launched in the Jharkhand State Government through Didi Bagia Yojana. It Will create employment for migrants returning to the state during the Corona lockdown.
The Jharkhand government launched the Didi Bajia Nursery Project to link the unemployed with employment and to free rural people from malnutrition during coronavirus infection. This project will promote nursery and tree planting in the state and provide employment to rural women.
Objective Of This Scheme
- To increase the employment trend of rural women in the state
- Protecting rural families from malnutrition and providing them with clean and healthy food
- Strengthening the rural economy
- keeping the state of Jharkhand free from pollution
Full Overview Of Jharkhand Didi Bagia Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Jharkhand Didi Bagia Yojana|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Of Jharkhand, Hemant Soren|
|Objectives||To Provide self-employment opportunities for women|
|Incentive||Financial Assistance for Creating Nursery|
|Beneficiaries||Rural Self- help Women Group|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Jharkhand
- The applicant must be a woman
- The applicant woman must belong to a self-help group or if she is not already a member of a self-help group, she must create a female self-help group account with other rural women .
- To make rural women self-reliant, the Didi Bajia project has been launched under MGNREGA to give priority to rural women groups and aspiring women.
- The applicant women’s group must have at least 10 vacant plots of land to build the nursery
- No educational qualification is required. Women will be made nursery entrepreneurs with proper training.
- Under this project, the government will set up some nurseries to provide all kinds of plants starting from fruit saplings so that people can get plants at affordable prices.
The number of nursery installations is 235. The total number of plants is 25 lakh
- One by one two gardens will be set up in rural areas.
- The initiative will encourage start-ups of women’s self-help groups in the form of nursery entrepreneurship and their nursery management. It will encourage various employment and self-employment opportunities for women.
- The state government will provide training, technical assistance and financial assistance, while nutrition training will be provided to rural beneficiaries.
- Women will be paid regularly for the work that has been done
- The saplings sold to the state government at the fixed price will provide additional income to the women
- At the same time, nutritious food will be provided to the rural and poor families and the problem of unemployment will be solved.
- This scheme will also create employment for migrants returning to the country during the lockdown.
The benefits of the Didi Bajia project will be extended to about 5 lakh rural households in the state. At present, 235 nurseries have already been set up under the project in different districts of Jharkhand. Each nursery has about 10,000-15,000 plants. It is expected to produce about 25 lakh saplings next year.
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Identity card
- Land documents
- MGNREGA card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
How To Apply
- No official website has been launched yet for application in this project but application can be done through MGNREGA officers to apply in this project.
- You can find out more information about this project from the Gram Panchayat or the nearest Area regional Office / BDO Office.