About Jharkhand Birsa Harit Gram Yojana
Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has launched three employment schemes for 6 lakh migrant workers returning to the state. This Schemes are “Birsa Green Village Scheme” (Birsa Harit Gram Yojana), “Poto Ho Khel Bikash Yojana” (Poto Ho Khel Bikash Yojana) and “Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samrudhi Yojana” (Nilambar Pitambar Jal Samriddhi Yojana). These all schemes aim to revive the rural economy affected by Corona Virus (COVID-19) lockdown.
In this article, we will only talk about birsa harit Gram Yojana. Jharkhand’s Chief Minister Hemant Soren has planned this project for two vital benefits, One is, migrant workers can find their new employment through this Scheme and other benefits are, planting 5 crore fruit trees in the state, which will keep the state free from pollution, and also will Prevent floods, soil pollution. Through this Scheme, the state will be green and healthy.
- Decision to launch rural employment scheme after return of migrants stranded in other states All the 3 projects will be managed by the Rural Development Department under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- As a result of this project, the government will provide 5 crore saplings to 5 lakh families in Jharkhand
- People can now see the full details of the 3 rural employment projects launched by the Jharkhand government for the benefit of migrant workers. The target is to work on 25,000 acres of land in 2021-22 financial year
The objective of This Scheme
- To develop the rural economy.
- To Increase income by providing employment at the local level.
- To provide employment to the migrant workers in the state
Full Overview Of Jharkhand Birsa Harit Gram Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Jharkhand Birsa Harit Gram Yojana|
|Launched by||Hon’ble Chief Minister Hemant Soren|
|Implementation||4 May 2020|
|Objectives||To Provide employment to migrant workers by providing 5 crore trees and keep the state pollution-free|
|Benefits||Govt will Provide 5 Crore Fruit Trees to keep the state Pollution control and For this Jharkhand Govt will also arrange employment to the migrant Workers|
|Beneficiary||Migrant Workers and any Other Farmer of the state|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
Eligibility of Beneficiary
- The applicant must be from the state of Jharkhand
- The applicant is an immigrant from another state i.e. the contributor was born in the state of Jharkhand but the place of employment is outside Jharkhand and they have returned to Jharkhand again under the Corona effect.
- However, other permanently unemployed youth in the state of Jharkhand can also apply for it. But, not all unemployed will get the benefit, it will be selected by the Gram Panchayat and the administration.
- By planting fruit trees, the income of farmers will definitely increase in the coming years. The government estimates that the project will raise farmers’ annual income to about পর 50,000 in three years.
- Thousands of acres of abandoned land, which were inactive, will come to economic use. This will increase the revenue of the state and increase the per capita income.
- India is a religious country with a large number of vegetarians. The demand for fruits is high. Fruit is a good food as a nutritious food. As a result of abundant fruit production in the state, fresh fruits will be available to the people of the state at reasonable prices.
- The problem of pollution will also be solved through tree planting. Green trees will also purify the atmosphere.
- The supply of timber will be uninterrupted. Adequate demand for timber will prevent the adverse effects of indiscriminate deforestation on the ecosystem.
- Domicile certificate
- Adhaar Card
- Voter Card
- Income proof
- Age Proof etc.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest panchayat office and get all the information related to the application
Apart from migrant workers, if any unemployed youth in the state wants to apply for this project, he can apply in this scheme at his nearest panchayat office.
To know more details about this scheme please visit the official website