about the JANANI SHISHU SURAKSHA KARYAKRAM (JSSK)
It has been observed that most of the time due to delays in reaching health care facilities like FUR, 24 × 7 PHC, secondary or tertiary centers, mothers and newborns are deprived of emergency care resulting in maternal illness and maternal death, and sometimes even neonatal death. To prevent all of these complications, it is important to provide free quality care to mothers and babies, including timely food and transportation.
The Government of India launched the Janani Child Protection Programme (JSSK) on June 1, 2011, to benefit pregnant women who access government health facilities for their delivery. Moreover, it will motivate those who still choose delivery at their home to opt for institutional delivery. All states and Union Territories have started implementing the scheme.
Objective Of this Scheme
- Ensuring that pregnant women can get the best government services at no cost
- Ensuring that women receive adequate nutrition in the days following delivery will ensure optimal health for both mother and newborn.
- To ensure that pregnant women are able to avail of healthcare benefits without any delay or expense.
- To Ensure that sick newborns or children l able to reach the health facility in the fastest time without any delay or expense to the family.
Full Overview Of JANANI SHISHU SURAKSHA KARYAKRAM (JSSK)
|Name Of Scheme||JANANI SHISHU SURAKSHA KARYAKRAM (JSSK)|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Objectives||To ensure that pregnant women are able to avail of healthcare benefits without any delay or expense.|
|Benefits||Govt of India has arranged to provide completely free and cashless services to pregnant women including normal deliveries and cesarean operations|
|Beneficiaries||All pregnant women|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
Key features of the scheme
The initiative entitles all pregnant women delivering in public health institutions to absolutely free and no-expense delivery, including cesarean section. The entitlements include free drugs and consumables, free diet up to 3 days during normal delivery and up to 7 days for C-section, free diagnostics, and free blood wherever required. This initiative also provides for free transport from home to institution, between facilities in case of a referral, and drop back home. Similar entitlements have been put in place for all sick infants.
It is an initiative to provide completely free and cashless services to pregnant women including normal deliveries and cesarean operations and sick newborns (up to 30 days after birth) in Government health institutions in both rural & urban areas.
Through this scheme, all pregnant womens in India will be able to get advanced health care completely free of cost during their delivery.
The following are the Free Entitlements for pregnant women:
- Free and cashless delivery
- Free C-Section
- Free drugs and consumables
- Free diagnostics
- Free diet during the stay in the health institutions
- Free provision of blood Exemption from user charges
- Free transport from home to health institutions
- Free transport between facilities in case of referral Free drop back from Institutions to home after 48hrs stay
And the necessary health care for the illness of all the children who have given birth to a sick child will be provided free of cost.
- residential certificate
- aadhaar card
- healthcare certificate provided to that woman
- valid Mobile no
- and others all required documents
How To Apply
The online application process for this scheme has not been released yet, but you can contact your nearest government health service or health center from where you must know about the project. (contact Anganwadi karmi)
To know about this project, you can contact your respective district health center.