About Ishan Uday Scholarship
Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for students from North Eastern Region (NER). The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of North East region so that they can meet their own expenses and study expenses. Under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, a total of 10,000 new scholarships are distributed every year among NER students who are pursuing general degree courses, and technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses. Scholarship winners are given a monthly amount of up to Rs 7,800 per year till the completion of the degree course.
objectives of this scholarships
) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Full Overview Of Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Scholarships Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Covering Region||North Eastern Region|
|Launched By||Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission|
|Objective||Motivating The Poor Students For Higher Education, who are basically from North Eastern Region (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura)|
|Beneficiary||NER Students, who are studying currently in the undergraduate first year|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 5400 – Rs 7800 per month (depending upon courses)|
|Mode Of Application||Online/offline|
|Important Dates||* Last Date Of Application: |
|Scheme Name||Scheme Closing Date||Defective Application Verification Date||Institute Verification||DNO/SNO/MNO Verification||Guidelines|
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region||Open till 31-10-2022||Open till 15-11-2022||Open till 15-11-2022||Open till 30-11-2022||Guidelines|
- The applicants must have the domicile of the North-Eastern states which comprise Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4.5 Lakh from all the sources.
- The candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent in the preceding year of study for applications called for the current academic year.
- Also, the applicants must have secured admission in the 1st year of any degree course, including integrated courses, in any of the universities/colleges/institutes under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act, Deemed-to-be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC, State/Centrally-funded educational institutions, institutes of national repute and those institutes in which admission is made with AISHE code.
- Transgender students are also eligible to avail the benefits of Ishan Uday scholarship.
The following students will not be eligible under this scheme
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarships for pursuing the Undergraduate program under any
3) Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum using courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of the degree
All beneficiary Scholars will be awarded the following financial assistance
|general degree course Student||Rs 5400/- per month|
|technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses Student||Rs 7800/- per month|
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof (Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.)
- Marksheets of last qualifying examination, Class 12
- Latest college fee receipt (for the current academic year)
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
How to apply
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notifications will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as a general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of a scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship, you have to apply through the National Scholarship Portal for which you can see the application method of our NSP Scholarship Post, the link to which we have given – CLICK HERE
By following the image shown below you can download some documents form, which you need to apply for this scholarship.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE LINK – https://ner.ugc.ac.in/About.aspx
In order to continue the Ishan Uday Scholarship in the following years, Ishan Uday scholars must meet the criteria mentioned below.
Students applying for renewal must be promoted to the next class/level/semester.
Awardees must demonstrate exemplary behavior and maintain a scheduled attendance to renew their scholarship for the next year.
Also, candidates must note that change in course of study is not allowed and the scholarship will be forfeited if the student changes his course
- 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of the population census(last).
- If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to the non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
- Reservations for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per the Government of India norms.