About Gujrat Ujala Yojana
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched this Ujala Yojana in Gujarat so that all residents of Gujarat can buy electric bulbs, fans, and other electric materials at a very low cost.
The switch from inefficient incandescent bulbs to LEDs is helping families reduce their electricity bills while also enabling them to access better brightness in homes. The money saved adds to a household’s disposable income and lifetime savings, thus improving their quality of life, generating prosperity in local communities, and expanding energy access to all.
The state government plans to distribute about 12 Crore LED bulbs to 1.21 crore households under the Ujala Gujarat Yojana. One household will get a maximum of 10 LED bulbs in the first phase and for EMI Consumers, the amount will be charged in 8-10 installments through the electricity bill.
Objective Of this scheme
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched this Ujala Yojana in Gujarat so that all residents of Gujarat can buy electric bulbs, fans, and other electric materials at a very low cost.
- To ensure that bulbs lit in every house/poor household in Gujarat
- Low power consumption and power saving is one of the main objective of this scheme
full overview of Gujrat Ujala Yojana
|Name Of Scheme||Gujrat Ujala Yojana|
|Launched By||Govt Of Gujrat|
|Objectives||To ensure that bulbs lit in every house/poor household in Gujarat|
|Benefit||12 Crore LED bulbs to 1.21 crore households|
|Beneficiaries||Residential Of The Gujrat State|
|Application Start||Started Already/Available Soon|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the State of Gujarat
- All ration card holders are eligible to apply for this scheme
- The customer will be able to buy a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 10 light bulbs
Under the project, the Gujarat government will distribute LED bulbs, tube lights, and fans at highly subsidized rates. The details of which are given below (EMI option is also available for customers and 8-10 installment charges have to be paid through electricity bill)
|Bulb/Tube-light/Fan||By Cash||By EMI (Easy Monthly Installment)|
|LED Bulb||Rs 65 per bulb||Rs 70 per bulb|
|LED Tube-light||Rs 210 per tube-light||Rs 230 per tube-light|
|Five-star rated energy-efficient Fan||Rs 1,110 per fan||Rs 1,260 per fan|
To avail of the benefits of this Gujarat Ujala Yojana, the applicant has to provide the following documents:
- Residential Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- Last filled electricity bill
- passport size photograph
How To Apply
The application for this scheme has officially ended a long time ago but you can still avail the benefits of this project by visiting your respective electric office
However, we are not sure, you can go to your electric office and get all the information about this project