About Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
In 2021, the Gujarat government has launched the “Vahli Dikri” Scheme for the safety and awareness of girls. The project will focus on empowering girls in Gujarat and increasing the quality of their education.
About 30 percent of poor girls in Gujarat are forced to drop out of school due to financial constraints and other reasons. So the Gujarat state government has taken the responsibility to complete their education by providing financial assistance to the educated girls up to 18 years through this scheme. Under this scheme, the Gujarat state government will provide a grant of Rs 10,000 for girls’ education and Rs 1 lakh for their marriage or higher education
This project has been launched with the inspiration of the “Beti Bachao Beti Padao” project of the Government of India. and The Gujarat state government has approved a budget of around Rs 133 crore for the implementation of this project.
- The main objective of the Gujarat Vahli Decree Scheme is to prevent female feticide.
- To increase the literacy rate of the state of Gujarat
- Also, preventing child mortality and child marriage
- to improve the girl-childbirth ratio in the state
- Encourage girls in this state to complete higher education.
- To provide funds from education to marriage for girls from poor families in the state of Gujarat
- Promoting the education of girls and enhancing the empowerment of socio-economic status.
Full Overview Of Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana|
|Announcement||Govt Of Gujarat|
|Implementation Date||2020-2021 (Last Update)|
|Incentive||Total Rs 1,10,000|
|Beneficiaries||Girls from poor families of Gujarat|
|Application Starts||Already Started (Always Open)|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the State of Gujarat.
- Only the first and second daughters of the family can apply for this project.
- The annual income of the beneficiary’s family should be less than Rs 2 lakh.
- Girls from economically weaker families below the poverty line of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Minority Communities will be able to apply for this scheme.
- If the applicant’s father or mother pays income tax, he will not be eligible to apply.
- Girls must go to school most days of the week and participate in all the exams that take place in the school only then that girl is eligible to apply for this project.
- The parent or guardian of the daughter must apply for this project after the birth of the daughter and within 1 year of birth.
The Beneficiary Girl Child Will Be Given A Total Grant Of Rs 1,10,000 From Her Education To Marriage.
This Grant Assistance Will Be Provided In The Following Manner
- If The Girl Child Is Admitted In The First Class, She Will Be Given A Grant Of Rs 4000
- If The Girl Child Is Admitted To The Ninth Class, She Will Be Given A Grant Of Rs 6000
- When Child Became 18 Years Old, Then She Will Be Eligible For The Last Grant Of Rs 1,00,000 , Which She Can Use For Her Higher Study Or Her Marriage
Applicants have to provide a copy of the following documents for applying to this scheme
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proof of identity of the guardian
- School Admission Certificate / Admit Card
- Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
How to apply
There Are No Any Notification Released Yet To Apply Online For This Scheme
But Aspirant Girl Can Apply For This Scheme In Offline With Very Easily
If you want to apply offline for Vahli Decree Scheme, follow the steps below.
- First, collect the APPLICATION Form for this scheme from your nearest Anganwadi Center or your respective Women and Child Welfare department offices.
- Attach the required documents to the application form
- Read the application form very carefully and fill in the required information.
- Submit this form to the Women and Child Welfare Department authorities.
Later, This Scheme Will Also Can Register From The School Of The Applicant Girl.