About Dev Darshan Yatra Scheme
India is a religious country and therefore pilgrimage is very important for the senior citizens of India but so many poor senior citizens of India are unable to go on pilgrimage due to a lack of funds, so considering those people, some states govt have launched new schemes for facilitating pilgrimage to the elderly citizens of their states at a very low cost/completely free of cost. Similarly, the state government of Goa has come up with the idea of providing free pilgrimage trips to all the eligible senior citizens of Goa who do not have the necessary funds to go on a religious pilgrimage trip, therefore, the Goa government has started this Goa pilgrimage scheme and for this scheme.
- To help the poor old citizens of the state for free pilgrimage, who are unable to go on religious pilgrimage due to the difficulties of their economic condition,
- Fulfilling the dreams of senior citizens to go on pilgrimage
Many elderly people in the state want to visit various holy places in their old age but their dreams are not fulfilled due to lack of funds so the goa state government has launched this project to fulfill the dream of those people to visit holy places
Full Overview Of the Dev Darshan Yatra Scheme
|Scheme Name||Dev Darshan Yatra Scheme|
|Introduced By||Government Of Goa|
|Objectives||To Provide Free Pilgrimage Travel To The Senior Citizens Of The State|
|Benefits||Free Pilgrimage Travel Package|
|Beneficiary||Poor Senior Citizen of Goa|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
- The applicant must be a senior permanent resident of Goa.
- Applicants must be over or equal to the age of 50 (not over 60) to avail of the benefits of this scheme
- Government officials and employees will not get the benefit of this project.
- If it is found that any applicant/spouse has used the Chief Minister’s Pilgrimage Scheme in the past, he/she is liable to pay the full amount spent for the journey including a 25% penalty.
- If the applicant is not able to make the pilgrimage for any reason, he/she should be informed 07 days before the date of travel. Otherwise, he will not be eligible to re-apply under this scheme
- Passengers will not be allowed to take or use any combustible substance or alcohol or any intoxicants
- Passengers will be solely responsible for their jewelry and belongings during the journey.
- Passengers are expected to behave politely as per the requirements of the pilgrimage.
- Passengers must follow the instructions of the Liaison Officer.
- The Government or the Pilgrimage Development Association will not be responsible for any accidents or mistakes during the journey.
- Under this scheme, all the benefited senior citizens of the state of Goa will be provided with a free pilgrimage facility.
Amenities available during the trip
Security:- Policemen are assigned to you for your security during the journey.
Medical Facilities:– Also in this free pilgrimage scheme, a doctor accompanies you for your health examination.
IRCTC MOU:- The government of Goa’s Devdarshan Yatra scheme will continue with the inclusion of various destinations in association with IRCTC.
Free Amenities:- You only need to carry your clothes and other essentials like a toothbrush, bath soap, etc. as the Goa government pays for your travel, food, and boarding, etc.
First Come First Serve:- This Devdarshan Jatra Scheme Goa Application Procedure is based on First Come First Served.
Places covered under Goa Tirth Yatra Yojana
- Tirupati Shrine in Andhra Pradesh state.
- Velankanni in Tamil Nadu state.
- Shirdi in Maharashtra state
.We will let you know if there is an update
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Voter Card
- Age certificate which proves that the person is more than 50 years of age
- A certificate issued by registered medical officer, directorate of health services Government of Goa
- Income Certificate
- Senior citizen identity card issued by the directorate of social welfare
- Valid Mobile No
- passport size photo
How to apply
- To apply for this scheme, first of all, you have to go to your concerned Taluk Deputy Collector office and collect the application form of this scheme or you can download the official form of this scheme Online, the link of which we have provided below for your convenience
- after downloading the form you have to print out this application form
- Now you have to fill in all the important information carefully and attach all the required documents
- after that, you need to submit the application form to the office of the deputy collector in your respective taluka