About Gitanjali awas yojana
Govt of West Bengal had launched a project called Gitanjali Awas Yojana to build houses for the benefit of those poor people in rural and urban areas who do not have their own Pucca houses. under this scheme, the state government has announced to provide houses to 8 lakh homeless families in different districts of West Bengal
A budget of Rs 3,000 crore has been presented for the implementation of this project. This scheme was replaced from “Aamar thikana” prakalpa in the year of 2014, The project is part of the Prime Minister’s Housing Project
The main objective of this scheme is to provide proper shelters to the economically weaker section of society as well as to create additional employment opportunities for construction workers, etc.
- To build houses for the poor and helpless people living in urban and rural areas.
- Reducing the homeless people in the state
- To support them to lead a better life
- applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal State
- The people having family income of Rs 6000 per month or delays are eligible to apply in the scheme, people in the BPL list will get priority
basically, three types of beneficiaries will get benefit from the scheme, the beneficiaries category are following
- poor people in rural and urban areas
- Poor people in erosion/flood/other calamity affected/disaster prone areas
- Poor people affected by government projects (As part of Rehabilitation)
Benefits of the scheme
benefits category are given below
urban and rural areas (Plain): Rs 70,000 /-Per unit will be given
In hilly/difficult and Sundarban areas: Rs 75,000 /- Per unit will be given
Under the West Bengal Gitanjali Housing Scheme, 5 lakh houses will be provided to the rural poor.
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Card
- Income Certificate provided by government officers such as BDO,SDO etc.
- Caste Certificate
- Passport Photo 2 copies
How to apply
if you are Sure that you are eligible for the scheme then you should go to your concerned district magistrate office (DM) to apply in the scheme
from there you will get a form of Gitanjali Housing Scheme, fill the form properly and attach all the required documents then submit the form to that office
note:-we are not sure that the amount of the financial assistance (as followed 2014) remained the same at present, it may be changed