About Doodh Sanjeevani Yojana
Doodh Sanjivani Yojana (DSY) is an initiative of the Gujarat State Government to tackle malnutrition. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched this dairy revival project in Gujarat in the 2016-17 financial year. The main objective of this project is to improve the health of children in tribal talukas.
This scheme has successfully solved the problem of malnutrition in children. In the year 2019-20, a total of 7,68,465 children from 8958 schools of 52 talukas of 14 districts have been given benefits under this scheme
Objectives Of this scheme
- To improve the health of children in tribal talukas
- To improve and enrich the level of nutrition of primary school-going tribal students.
- Must be a permanent resident of Gujrat
- Schedule Tribe students studying in primary schools and Ashramshala
The students get 200 ml of fortified milk with added 3% fat, 24 gm of carbohydrate, protein 7 gm., vitamin A 500 I.U., vitamin D 40 I.U. milk in school every day.
- INTENDED BENEFICIARIES | Schedule Tribe students of primary schools and Ashramshalas