About Delhi Poor Widow’s daughter and Orphan girl financial assistance scheme
There are many poor families in our country who are unable to get their daughters married due to a lack of funds. Keeping this in mind, The Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Arvind Kejriwal has started the poor widow daughter and orphan girl marriage scheme in Delhi. Delhi Girl Marriage Scheme Under the Delhi government, widows and orphaned daughters will be provided financial assistance of ₹30000 for marriage. The main beneficiaries of the scheme will be economically weaker families, scheduled castes, tribes, other backward classes, minority categories, etc.
- The Delhi Poor Widow’s daughter and Orphan girl child scheme aims to provide financial assistance for the marriage of girls from all financially vulnerable families.
- To enable poor families to give their daughters marriage without the encirclement of financial constraints
- Improving the negative thinking of society about girls
- Changing the perspective of various misconceptions about the marriage of widows and orphans in the society
- Reducing the child marriage rate in the state
Full Overview Of Delhi Poor Widow’s daughter and Orphan girl financial assistance scheme
|Name Of Scheme||TN Thirumana Uthavi Thittam Marriage Assistance Scheme|
|Launched By||Govt Of Tamilnadu|
|Objectives||To Remove The Burden Of The Daughter’s Marriage From The Heads Of The Poor Families Of Tamilnadu|
|Incentive||Rs 25000 / – 10th Pass Out Girl|
Rs 50000 /- Degree/ Diploma Student
|Beneficiaries||Daughters Of Poor Families Whose Marriage Is Finaled|
|Application Starts||Always Open|
- To avail of the scheme benefit, it is mandatory for applicants to be permanent residents of Delhi.
- To take advantage of this scheme, the applicant’s daughter must be more than 18 years of age.
- The benefits of the scheme are mainly for economically weaker families, SCs, STs, daughters of other backward classes, minorities category etc.
- The annual income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 60,000/-.
- 60 days before the wedding, the application form has to be submitted to the district office of the Directorate of Women and Child Development.
The Delhi govt will provide financial assistance of Rs 30,000/- to the poor widows for performing marriage of their daughters so as to enable them to meet expenses involved in solemnizing marriage of their daughters and also to orphan girls for their marriage
The following documents shall be attached with the application: –
- A copy of ration card or voter identity card or any other document as a proof of residence, which clearly shows at least 5 years of residence in Delhi;
- A copy of the date of birth certificate of the girl child.
- A self–declaration by the applicant regarding his/her income.
- Death Certificate of husband.
- Marriage Invitation Card or Marriage Certificate.
- A recommended by area MLA/MP or Gazetted officer of State /Central Govt.7) All documents to be attested.
How To Apply
To apply for this scheme you have to go to your district women and child welfare department office or BDO Office. From there you will get a form to apply for this scheme. Fill in all the information in this form very carefully and submit the form to that office.
In case of any clarification, the following officer may be contacted in his office during working hours
Deputy Director FAS,
Department of Women and Child Development.
Government of NCT of Delhi.
01 Canning Lane,Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi 110001. Contact No:- 011-23387715.
The application form is available at District Offices.