Delhi Ladli scheme
India lags far behind other countries in terms of problem-solving and awareness of girls in education. In 2008, the Central Government launched the Shubhalakshmi Yojana for the education and awareness of girls. After this many more states of the country have launched various such projects. Similarly, Delhi State Govt launches this Delhi Ladli scheme in this year to Provide Help to the Girls of Delhi State. This national project is also needed to change the mentality of society toward girls in the country.
Young girls face many problems when they are forced to leave school and marry at an early age due to the financial constraints and pressure of their families, pregnancy at an early age can harm the fetus and even the mother. Therefore, the Delhi state government will help those poor helpless girls by providing assistance up to fifty thousand rupees to ensure that they are not married at least under 18 years of age and get proper education. Separate assistance will also be provided for education. About rs 40,000 financial assistance will be given from the birth of the daughter till her marriage.
Objectives of the scheme
- The main objective of this project is to prevent female feticide in the state of delhi and to promote education.
- To change the mentality of the society toward girls
- To empower the girl child socially and economically.
- To promote birth registration of girl child.
- To control female foeticide and to improve the sex ratio.
- To end discrimination against the girl child.
- To promote education among girls and reduce the school drop-out rate of girl students.
This project aims to take the lives of girls from poor and helpless families in different Suitable directions.
- Department of WCD acknowledges the support of Directorate of Education, MCD, NDMC, in the implementation of Ladli Scheme.
- The State Bank Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL) is the Fund Manager of the scheme.
*Under the Scheme financial assistance is provided in the form of term deposits – R. 11,000/- if born in hospital or Rs 10,000/- if born at home at the time of registration and Rs 5,000/- each in further five milestones i.e., Class I, VI, IX, XI & XII.
Delhi Ladli scheme Full Overview
|Name of the scheme||Delhi Ladli scheme|
|Initiated by||Government Of Delhi|
|Beneficiary||Financially weak family in Delhi.|
|Initiatives||Rs 36000 (total)|
|Purpose||to prevent female feticide in the state of Delhi and to promote education|
If the applicant’s mother wants to take advantage of this project for her daughter, then she should have all the following eligibility.
- Girl should be born in Delhi as shown by the birth certificate issued by the Registrar (Births & Deaths), MCD/NDMC,and must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least three years preceding the date of birth of the girl child.
- Under the scheme, only girls studying in government, recognized, MCD, NDMC, Cantonment Board schools will be eligible to apply
- the applicant’s daughter must have a certificate of registration and education at the school.
- The applicant’s daughter must have a certificate of non-marriage or a letter of approval from the government until the age of 18.
- And The annual income of the parents of the applicant girl should be less than one lakh rupees
Benefit Of This Scheme
Girls in the state of Delhi will get a lot of benefits from this scheme from her birth to the age of 18 years. Under this scheme, the amount of the project will be provided. Which is described below
|S. No.||Stage of Financial Assistance||Amount (in Rs)|
|1.||For Institutional Delivery||11000/-(provided the girl is born in the last one year)|
|2.||For Delivery at Home||10000/-(provided the girl is born in the last one year)|
|3.||On admission in Class I||5000/-|
|4.||On admission in Class VI||5000/-|
|5.||On admission in Class IX||5000/-|
|6.||On passing Class X||5000/-|
|7.||On admission in Class XII||5000/-|
The maturity amount at the end of the lock-in-period will vary depending on the stage at which each girl child enters the scheme and registers under it.
In order to apply Delhi Ladli scheme, the applicant’s parents need to have the required documents which are mentioned below:
- Copy of Aadhar Card of the parents and the child, if available.
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC
- Certificate of Income
- Birth certificate of the girl child issued by the Registrar of MCD/NDMCCertificate of Residence
- Group photo of parents with the girl child
- Mobile number
How to apply
Step 1: Download the form or obtain it from district offices (Department of Social Welfare/ WCD, Government of Delhi) or State Bank of India, or Government recognized schools.
Step 2: Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
Step 4: Then, submit it to the concerned District Officer.
Please note: Completely filled-in application form must be submitted-
- For School going girl: Within 90 days of admission of the girl
- For Newborn girl: Within the year of birth
To Know more details Go to the official site of this scheme
How to check the application status of Ladli Yojana
If you have applied under this scheme, you can check the application status of this scheme by following the procedure below.
- First of all the applicant has to go to the official website of the project whose link we have already provided above for your convenience
- After that, the official website homepage will come in front of you
- On that page you have to click on “Check ladli Scheme Application Status” option,as shown in below image
- Now Ladly member details form will open in front of you, where you have to enter the group member id, member DOB (Date of Birth) and given captcha code.
- After that click on submit button.
- After submission, your application status will open in front of you
maturity Claim Procedure
- The girls registered under the scheme shall file maturity claims after passing 10th standard if they are 18 yrs old or have passed 12th standard.
- Students are required to submit an application along with the acknowledgement letter received from SBIL; residential address; mark sheet of 10th or 12th (whichever is applicable); copy of the Bank Passbook showing the account number; mobile/landline number.
- Beneficiary girls are required to open a ZERO BALANCE SAVING ACCOUNT with the State Bank of India by showing the acknowledgment letter received from the bank.
- Prior to this stage, money is transferred to the Unique ID number of the beneficiary girl child, allotted by the State Bank of India.
The girl children or the parents may contact at the Toll Free Number of State Bank of India or the respective District Office of the Dept. of WCD, Delhi Govt. for any clarifications.
- SBIL Toll Free Number:- 1800229090
- Delhi Ladli Scheme 2008:- Contact Number 011-23381892